Counterparty Risk - Vice President
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
You will be a part of Counterparty Risk division which consists of Counterparty Credit Risk (CCR), Central Counterparty (CCP) and Commodities groups within Wholesale Credit Risk. We manage the retained counterparty risk arising from Derivatives (cleared and non-cleared), Futures and Options, Securities Financing, Securities Prime Services and CCPs. Overall group responsibilities include, risk onboarding, monitoring and escalation, ad-hoc risk analyses and situation management, as well as ownership of all counterparty credit risk exposure metrics.
- Assert your views around product risk appetite and be able to review and challenge business stakeholders’ risk-related assumptions.
- Monitor market events and trends to provide transparency to senior management around material or emerging risks in the portfolio.
- Provide independent assessment of counterparty credit exposure for new deals with complex structures or relatedness.
- Share subject matter expertise on counterparty credit exposure/risks, provide guidance to Credit Officers on metrics, and help to guide methodology and policy updates.
- Work with Quantitative Research, Technology, Credit Officers, and other stakeholders to continuously review and enhance exposure methodologies, pre-trade estimation and portfolio analysis.
- Manage and contribute to firm-wide projects around key counterparty credit exposure metrics & technical enhancements.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline
- Solid experience in risk management/quantitative financing/trading fields
- Good working knowledge of Exchange Traded Derivatives (ETD), Options, FX products (Spot, Forwards), OTC Derivatives and Securities Financing products across different asset classes.
- Exemplifies a strong ability to work efficiently and closely with others in a team.
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational, control, project management, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work independently with limited guidance.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership of responsibilities. Must be diligent and self-motivated.
- Highly confident and commercial - possess conviction to challenge and make a risk judgment, stick to it and be able to articulate reasoning behind it.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - must be articulate and have ability to explain technical concepts to non-specialists; ability to adjust communication style for a variety of situations and be able to defend your stance, as needed.
- Strong data analytics skills with experience using software packages and/or coding languages to analyse big data.