Business Analyst, Capital Product, Treasury and the Chief Investment Office, Senior Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
You are a strategic thinker, passionate and proactive about delivering change, with a sound understanding of business architecture, design and UI / UX definition.
If your a self-starter with a passion for infrastructure modernisation and delivering strategic solutions you may be a perfect fit for our team.
As a Senior Associate within the Capital Product Team, you will be responsible for helping define, drive and execute a number of modernisation initiatives including the underlying business architecture, framework and UI / UX solutions. Demonstrating strategic thought leadership, as well as delivery of best practises you will leverage your deep understanding of business architecture, robust project management and strong analytical skills to make informed decisions which will deliver change for our wide range of stakeholders.
- Reviewing and testing on E2E data flow from on prem to cloud locations, ensuring accuracy and reconciliations.
- Part of a team responsible for the design and delivery of the modern suite of UI / UX solutions including the underlying Framework to support the business and regulator expectations.
- Co-ordination and project management across a global team to ensure status is effectively managed to key stakeholders.
- The definition, documentation and governance of sound design principals to ensure these are consistently enforced across the product.
- Documentation and delivery of comprehensive, high quality Business Requirements, UI / UX Wireframes and Functional Specifications.
- Delivering new architecture on top of a capital framework spanning across global regulatory jurisdictions.
- Working closely with stakeholders to ensure their requirements are captured, and they feel engaged, empowered and trained as part of the modernisation journey.
- Timely escalation of issues to the Product Owner ensuring robust risk mitigation strategies
- Preparation and execution of detailed test cases including expected results.
- Supporting the wider agenda of the Capital Product.
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Knowledge in SQL queries utilising cloud technologies, with hands on experience with AWS Databricks, with the view of analysing a large data set.
- few years of treasury, financial or regulatory reporting experience at a large financial institution - driving change on large and complex initiatives in an efficient, standardised, streamlined and logical manner.
- Knowledge of capital reporting such as Co-Rep Pillar 1, BASEL 3BF.
- An experienced business analyst who brings the full suite of the business analyst skillset (requirement gathering, documentation, problem solving, data analysis, testing)
- Experience working on the delivery of UI / UX solutions to support regulatory reporting business demands (calculations, analytics, workflows, adjustments).
- A strong understanding and experience of industry best practise from a design perspective, including data modelling, data governance and data architecture.
- Strong interpersonal skills including being able to work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders across multiple locations, a self-starter who is able to work with minimal supervision, teachable, and the ability to work under pressure to meet changing work requirements and strict deadlines.
- The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written to senior stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – MS Excel , MS Access, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Visio
Preferred qualifications, capabilities and skills
- A well-read individual who is familiar with modernisation initiatives across the industry including front-end and cloud technologies, and able to bring these considerations to the role.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills including ability to query large datasets using SQL, Python, Alteryx etc to pull trends and insights.
- A sound understanding of and experience in the definition of Operating Models.