Global Shares UI Lead Software Engineer
Location: County Cork
Job Type: Full time
As a UI Lead Software Engineer within the Global Shares team at JP Morgan Chase you will be a part of our current plans for rapid expansion, to oversee the operation and manage the success of multiple Agile UI/Front-End teams. You will join an existing team of Engineering Leads managing a diverse group, including developers, testers across multiple locations. You will have experience and practical application of Agile Methodologies and software development life cycle in an Angular environment and IT Management experience, preferably with software products in a financial services environment. Candidates are expected to have excellent communication, stakeholder management, possibly even customer facing experience and a genuine passion for quality / professional delivery.
- Demonstrable product development experience in business platforms and ideally some experience of championing user-centred design (UCD)
- Work with the Product Owners, Release Managers, and PMO to ensure the smooth delivery of features through the Agile process.
- Deliver information regarding feature progress, and assist in managing the Engineering KPIs.
- Manage the progress of the release cycle for both major and minor releases, working closely with the QA team, and Release Managers.
- Manage the resources in the scrum teams under your control – hire and work with assigned Agile Team Leads, as well as conducting reviews of all employees in your team, both ATLs, and Developers.
- Lead as well as manage your team! Develop high performing, dynamic, team and help them minimise impediments to development progress.
Required Qualifications, Capabilities and Skills:
- At least a bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or equivalent UI development/design.
- Previous career experience as a Software UI Engineer, particularly on web projects in Angular (Single-Page Application) or Other TypeScript based UI Frameworks.
- Knowledge of DevOps (particularly Jenkins) and operations in a MS Azure cloud deployment
- Knowledge of the Atlassian stack is highly desirable.
- Strong exposure to modern technologies such; CI/CD, TDD, DevOps.
- Formal agile qualifications, such as CSM, are highly desirable