Wealth Management Investment Solutions - Investment Research Team - Operational Due Diligence
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Investment Solutions provides Wealth Management clients with investment solutions across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds.
You would be a member of the Operational Due Diligence team within the Investment & Research Team within Wealth Management Investment Solutions.
- Supporting the operational due diligence process for primarily traditional investment managers and collaborating with the Manager Solutions due diligence teams
- Setting up and disseminating operationally focused questionnaires across a range of investment strategies and products
- Preparing for and participating in operational due diligence meetings with 3rd party investment managers (in person and virtual); this includes evaluating and forming an opinion on various operational risks such as organizational infrastructure, counterparties and service providers, valuation processes, cyber security, compliance and regulatory issues
- Reviewing and scoring responses to operational due diligence questionnaires
- Working collaboratively with control partners in governance, risk, compliance and internal audit
- Representing the firm in front of C-level executives (COO, CFO, CCO, CTO) at third party fund managers
- Presenting analyses, findings and opinions at Investment and Governance Committee meetings
Required Qualifications, Capabilities, and Skills:
- You should have experience performing and / or an understanding of how operational due diligence is conducted on alternative investment managers from either working within an audit firm auditing investment products (traditional funds, hedge funds and / or private funds) or working in the operations and / or audit departments of an asset management firm or in an operational due diligence role, or a combination of these roles.
- Solid understanding of financial markets and various security types, as well as a solid understanding of investment strategies and fund structures
- Advanced proficiency in using Microsoft Office programs including Excel & Power Point, and exceptional organisational and analytical skills
- Investigative skills and attention to detail
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skillswith ability to thrive in a satellite office environment on a global team
- Strong written, presentation, and communication skills
- Strong initiative, energy and confidence completing assignments