Regulatory Reporting Controls Lead – Vice President
Job Type: Full time
Join Global Regulatory Change and Controls (GRCC) team and play a pivotal role in making dynamic decisions on the emerging controls gaps and work on innovative solutions in partnership with the stakeholders.
As a Regulatory Reporting Controls Lead – Vice President is a global function focusing on design and oversight of controls for regulatory transaction reporting. Additionally the group plays a key role in the design and implementation of new solutions to be used by LOBs to perform these controls.
The GRCC team communicates with the regulators and partners with multiple internal stakeholders (including Business Management and Operations, Legal, Compliance, Technology and data science) to design and implement these controls solutions. This position is for an experienced manager with controls mindset and technical ability to understand the markets business and the products dealt. This should enable risk based dynamic decisions on the emerging controls gaps and work on innovative solutions in partnership with the stakeholders.
- Develops a team working on cross regional regulatory agenda of reviewing the existing or emerging controls gaps, developing new strategic controls, documenting them in sustainable manner and engage Lines of Business (LoBs) for daily operating model towards better controlled reporting infrastructure; this includes planning, tracking and escalating risks/issues/dependencies while driving the solutions
- Builds and leverages global and local partnership with the product owner, regulatory technology and data science for product and business objectives
- Develops good network and partnership internally with GRCC regional controls leads to understand control infrastructure and find synergy while delivering the solutions
- Develops decent understanding of the relevant regulatory reporting requirements working with SMEs
- Develops detailed understanding of regulatory reporting data workflows and interdependencies.
- Delivers new controls in most optimized way while communicating with purpose and focus
- Establishes an optimum governance to ensure consistently strong focus on quality, delivery and enhancing user experience
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Strong interest in financial markets and ability to grasp technical differences across financial product
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; good at communicating concepts and ideas, and keen to defend the validity and tailor messages to different audiences to engage and influence
- Confident in expressing opinions, setting expectations and challenging approaches in appropriate way
- Ability to exercise sound judgement based on the risk and the underlying data
- Distilling & presenting complex problems & subject matter to audiences with varying levels of familiarity of the subject
- Tolerance for, and ability to successfully navigate, ambiguity.
- Prioritisation and organisational skills
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Experience in different markets and locations