Executive Administrative Assistant - Manchester (UK) based
Location: United Kingdom
Job Type: Full time
J.P. Morgan Private Bank has now set up an Advisory Team based in Manchester, which will focus on expanding our business in the North of England. The priority is for the team to grow the market share primarily in the North West and North East. The Team will continue to be closely connected with the broader UK Team who are based in London. The goal will be to advise Ultra high networth individuals on Investments, Lending and Wealth Management.
As an Executive Assistant in our newly created Manchester team you will have an opportunity to perform diverse administrative functions requiring organisation, initiative and sound judgment. This role requires attention to detail, quality focus, high energy and team work. You will collaborate closely with our team in London & Edinburgh and form a strong working relationship across the UK Private Banking team.
As a successful Executive Assistant you will also assist the Manchester Team Lead in various initiatives associated with the growth of this new office and day to day management.
Furthermore, you should be able to demonstrate a “think outside the box” approach to solving conflicts and ensuring resolution. Ultimately, you will be required to support the team at a high level and ensure that daily operations run smoothly and effectively.
Note: this role requires five days in our Manchester office (Mon-Fri) and will not support Hybrid options.
- Manage multiple calendars across the team; back up support to other Administrative Assistants as needed, and maintain current organizational charts and Executive Bio’s
- Arrange domestic and international travel
- Manage the coordination and logistics of both internal and external meetings
- Process invoices and T&E expense claims for team members. Ensure all policies are followed and items are processed within provided guidelines. Act as a subject matter experts for policies and procedures
- Assist with staff on-boarding and off-boarding, which includes requesting equipment setup and system access
- Produce high quality emails and messages to individuals at all levels of the organization
- Coordinate meetings and conference rooms, order any necessary food/catering, order, stock and maintain supplies, manage the operational logistics associated with the new office in Manchester
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, good common sense, effective under pressure, and flexible. Self-starter with the ability to work in a high pressure environment
- Strong time management, sound judgment, good prioritizing, team player. Advanced ability to organize and manage own time
- Able to work with minimal supervision, works well individually and in teams, shares information, and supports colleagues, advanced ability to organize
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to effectively handle multiple priorities with a professional attitude, strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Demonstrates sound judgment and discretion in handling confidentiality and sensitive topics, and proven experience interacting with senior management
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills required with the ability to produce high quality emails and messages to individuals at all levels of the organization
- Excellent telephone etiquette and ability to manage competing priorities i.e. calendar management