Global Corporate Banking - Public Sector Associate - London
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The Public Sector Group focuses on managing some of the most senior relationships of the firm with public sector institutions across multiple businesses. Our clients include central banks, sovereign wealth funds, public pension funds and other sovereign-related investors, governments, policy-related financial institutions, and international institutions. We build relationships with clients’ senior leadership including strategic decision makers, investment management, and risk management. We partner across Sales, Trading, and Corporate and Investment Banking businesses at J.P. Morgan to develop and create solutions that fit the needs of our clients. Our work is global in terms of geography and firm-wide in terms of products, linkage and interaction with coverage, credit and risk teams.
Beyond our direct coverage efforts we also continue to track business performance, enhance the sector's management reporting, produce marketing tools and pitch books tailored to the segment, build out wallet analyses, facilitate communication and share best practices across global coverage, sales and service teams. We also lead and/or participate in a number of client meetings and presentations, seminars and training programs.
As a Public Sector Associate you will be dedicated to the development and maintenance of public sector client relationships in Africa and will also contribute to ensuring global team connectivity. Subject to performance, it is envisaged that the candidate will relocate to Cote d’Ivoire in the coming years.
- Assist the team in managing existing client relationships and developing new business and client strategies
- Engage in discussions with sales, product teams an internal functions at J.P. Morgan as required
- Develop broad subject matter expertise across lines of business about our relevant clients. This includes an in-depth research and understanding of the entire universe of clients and prospects, buying behaviours, drivers, business models, internal products, competitors, economic outlook and industry developments, trends and challenges
- Assist with the preparation of pitch books and other marketing materials
- Maintain internal reports including revenue decks and other analytical reporting
- Prepare internal memos including those required at the various levels of transaction approvals, client relationship overview, briefing notes, etc.
- Assist with the organization of client seminars and training sessions
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Previous experience in markets sales, corporate finance or capital markets
- A team player passionate about African public sector institutions and a high level of motivation to learn about and work with public sector clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French are required
- Proven quantitative, analytical and computer skills including PowerPoint and Excel based modelling
Preferred qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Bachelor's degree or higher desired. Academic credentials on economics, international economic relations and/or any other public policy related subject are desirable
- Familiarity with J.P. Morgan processes and products
- Proficiency with J.P. Morgan research tools as well as those of third party providers such as Bloomberg
- Fluent in French
This role will be hired in London with a view to relocating to the Cote d'Ivoire in future, subject to performance.
This role encompasses the performance of regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the relevant regulatory authorities to carry out such activities.