EMEA Credit Markets and Securitised Product Group Senior Auditor - Associate / VP
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Our Internal Audit group is an independent function accountable to the Audit and Examining Committee of the Board of Directors, the Office of the Chairman, senior management and our global and local regulators. Internal Audit is comprised of more than 1,000 auditors, located in key locations across the globe, and is responsible for assessing the adequacy of the control environments across the firm's lines of business.
The EMEA Credit Markets and Securitised Product Group (SPG) Audit Team is responsible for assessing the adequacy and effectiveness of the control environment of the Credit Trading and SPG (including electronic trading for Credit Trading) business activities in EMEA. This is achieved through a program of audit coverage performed and managed by a team of business and technology audit specialists and coordinated on a global basis with colleagues in other regions.
As a Senior Auditor in our Internal Audit group you will plan, execute and document audit reports, partner closely with global Audit colleagues and business stakeholders, and use judgment to strengthen internal controls. The role provides the opportunity to develop a detailed understanding of CIB Markets, specifically Credit Trading and SPG businesses, including electronic trading.
- involvement a mix of planning, managing and executing audits. To do this well you will need to work effectively and efficiently with global audit colleagues and business stakeholders, assess the risks and controls at hand, and identify any issues timely.
- documents the results of your work comprehensively and concisely, and in addition you will also help draft audit reports, risk assessments and risk event summaries.
- finds ways to drive efficiency with existing technical infrastructure through automation while embracing the innovative opportunities offered by new technologies.
- has a mindset of seeking continuous improvement, such as the use of bots or data analytics, in carrying out your work.
- takes ownership of self-development, including stretch assignments, to prepare for greater responsibilities and career growth, and take initiative to seek out opportunity for continued learning.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- You will have experience of internal or external auditing, or relevant business experience, as the experience you bring to the table will help ensure your success in delivering the audit work you will be responsible for. We’re open to reviewing your application even if you do not have auditing experience, as long as transferrable skills can be demonstrated.
- Bachelor's degree (or relevant financial services experience) required. CPA, CIA, ACA and/or Advanced Degree in Finance or Accounting is preferred
- To be able to operate as an effective auditor, you will have a solid understanding of internal control concepts and the ability to evaluate and determine the adequacy of controls for a given set of risks.
- You will have strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills in order to build trust and credibility with colleagues and stakeholders, while also influencing the actions of the business to improve its control environment.
- We work in a dynamic environment so you will have a proven ability to multi-task and prioritise effectively and drive efficiency with existing technical infrastructure through automation while embracing the innovative opportunities offered by new technologies.