Product Manager - Product Systems
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Out of the successful launch of Chase UK in 2021, we’re a new team, with a new mission. We’re creating products that solve real world problems and put customers at the center - all in an environment that nurtures skills and helps you realize your potential. Our team is key to our success. We’re people-first. We value collaboration, curiosity and commitment.
As a Product Manager at JPMorgan Chase within the International Consumer Bank, you are the heart of this venture, focused on getting smart ideas into the hands of our customers. You have a curious mindset, thrive in collaborative squads, and are passionate about new technology. By your nature, you are also solution-oriented, commercially savvy and have a head for fintech. You thrive in working in tribes and squads that focus on specific products and projects – and depending on your strengths and interests, you'll have the opportunity to move between them.
While we’re looking for professional skills, culture is just as important to us. We understand that everyone's unique – and that diversity of thought, experience and background is what makes a good team, great. By bringing people with different points of view together, we can represent everyone and truly reflect the communities we serve. This way, there's scope for you to make a huge difference – on us as a company, and on our clients and business partners around the world.
- Define product requirements with the ability to provide feature recommendations based on customer research and analysis
- Have the ability to define an appropriate MVP and improve through feedback and iteration
- Manage the in-market product, using appropriate KPI’s to improve customer experience and performance
- Work in partnership with tech, strategy and product development to streamline and rationalize product development processes and respective approvals leveraging innovative technology and past experience
- Use problem solving and technology to infer common patterns and commonalities
- Better establish risk associated with particular activities based on evidence to date and post implementation data and experience
- Work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team to obtain consensus leveraging appropriate functional partners and following internal procedures, while balancing quality with speed to market
- Be aware of and incorporate all relevant regulatory issues, controls, risk, and resiliency frameworks and guidelines on an ongoing basis, anticipating and mitigating issues
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Experience/knowledge in AI tooling and platforms as well as the usage and training of large language models to infer patterns and commonalities
- Experience with developing products in a Fintech or Tech environment
- Experience with managing product development lifecycles and common pitfalls
- Curiosity and problem solving ability to think outside of the box, find more optimal solutions leveraging technology and past experiences
- Experience working across organisational silos in an unstructured environment
- Strong knowledge around risk and controls of a large banking institution and willingness to work within that environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to clearly express product ideas and decision rationale, priorities and product
- Ability to work in a team environment across tech, strategy, operations, controls and other functional partners
Preferred Qualifications, capabilities and skills
- A desire to solve hard problems
- Curiosity and ability to think ‘out of the box’ and apply creative solutions, always putting yourself in the customer’s shoes
- A desire to teach others and share knowledge. We aren’t looking for hero leaders, more for team players. We want you to coach other team members on servicing principles, practices and implementation patterns.
- Clarity of thought. We operate quickly and efficiently, and we value people who are economical with their time and clear with their point of view. This is critical also because this role will define principles that guide the work of others.
- Comfortable in uncharted waters. We are building something new. Things change quickly. We need you to learn technologies and patterns quickly.
- Ability to see the long term. We don’t want you to sacrifice the future for the present. We want you to choose technologies and approaches based on the end goals.
- Comfortable working within a geographically distributed team