Strategic Delivery Consultant
Liverpool Victoria General Insurance Group
Job Type: Not Specified
About the Role
LV= is excited to be recruiting for a Strategy Delivery Consultant to join our Pricing teams. The main purpose for this role is to support and drive the effective implementation of key activities within the pricing function, including Machine Learning model updates.
LV= is a large, multi-award winning insurance company; we passionately believe that having outstanding pricing models will enable us to profitably meet our business targets, whilst simultaneously bringing immense benefits to our 7 million customers.
The role will be based in either our Bournemouth or Croydon office on a Hybrid basis, with considerable opportunity to work from home up on a regular basis (2 days per month in the office is the minimum requirement). We adopt a flexible working environment with a strong focus on continuous learning and development.
We don't expect you to know everything from day one, but the following will enable you to hit the ground running:
- Relevant project and change management skills
- Understanding of General Insurance
- Enthusiasm and passion; embracing change as a way of working with proven ability to challenge status quo
- Ability and willingness to work effectively under pressure and to complete the tasks required in a timely manner and with a high degree of accuracy
- Able to absorb information rapidly, via both verbal and written communications
- Numerate, analytical and able to interpret statistical data
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and verbal and written communication skills
- Good working knowledge of operations processes and business practices
- PC literate with good knowledge of MS Word, Visio, Excel and PowerPoint
- Flexibility to occasionally travel to various pricing sites
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels, building trust and long term relationships with senior stakeholders, including Pricing Leadership Team and Data Science Directors
- Capable of understanding complex information and then explain this clearly to the business
- Good working knowledge of agile methodology tools and techniques
- Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. Subject Matter Expert/Business Analysis/Project management/Agile
- Data Science methodology understanding
- Understanding of pricing in General Insurance
Your role will vary day to day, but here is a bit of what you can expect:
Be responsible for the coordination of key projects within Pricing including machine learning capability, working with the Pricing Technical Excellence and Portfolio teams, the Data Science team, Pricing Operations, Product Owner and all other relevant areas. Ensure that:
- Scope of initiative and benefit are clear, documented and prioritized
- Model data mapping/quality/dependencies are reviewed upfront by the relevant stakeholders
- Benefits case is clear and documented
- The right people are engaged
- The right mode of implementation and governance is followed
- Benefit realisation processes are implemented and maintained
- The capabilities are delivered effectively and in line with required timescales
- Ongoing ownership for the models is clear and continual improvement is delivered
- Risks are understood, mitigated appropriately and issues are escalated where appropriate to the Pricing Leadership team and/or other senior stakeholders
Why Work for Us?
Exciting things are happening at LV=General Insurance (LV=GI). Having recently become part of the Allianz family, we’re proud to be one of the largest personal insurers in the UK.
Driven by our pride and passion, we will always do the right thing to inspire trust in our people and our customers. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to become Britain’s best-loved insurer, by helping people look after what they love.
About the Rewards
This role is a Senior Associate cluster in the LV= Structure. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done. We’ll give you:
- Flexible working opportunities – many of our employees job share or work part-time, flexi-time, or compressed hours. There is a minimum requirement to work 2 days per month in the office for this role.
- 26 days' holiday – which increases after two years’ service to 28 days. Plus Bank Holidays.
- A competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14%
- An annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- A flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance)
- A generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel as well as up to 50% discount on your car insurance.
- Sustainability Initiatives.
- Focus on wellbeing, MHFAs: From our company culture, to our ways of working, we put our people at the heart of everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe fostering a diverse and inclusive culture is key to the successful delivery of our future strategy. Our Diversity and Inclusion programme challenges us to provide inclusive products for our customers and members and to ensure our workplace is accessible and inclusive for all. Our vision is to foster an inclusive culture and diverse workforce which values individual difference and where everybody can live confident, driving better customer and financial outcomes.
LV= is an equal opportunities employer who values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We recognise that people work in different ways, and we value alternative viewpoints, celebrate individuality and foster a culture where everyone can bring their true self to work. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce, we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs, culture, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities and long-term health conditions
Here at LV= we always love to hear from great people, so don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and become a fan on Facebook.
If you share our ambition and our passion, join us on our journey. You can help us shape our new future together