Senior Pricing Analyst - Portfolio Pricing
Liverpool Victoria General Insurance Group
Location: West Midlands
Job Type: Not Specified
About the Role
LV= is excited to be recruiting for Senior Pricing Analysts into our Retail Portfolio Pricing department. LV= is a large, multi-award winning insurance company, and that’s driven by our people. The successful candidate is someone who really lives our values and they will play a key role in delivering a price to market that offers the best value to both our customers and our business.
We are looking to expand this department with a number of roles in the following teams:
You will join the fast-growing Partnerships area. Newly formed in 2021 the account has already grown to £100s millions. As a key contributor to the overall business, the ambition is to add more sales channels and to extend our reach within existing IFA, Banks and Building societies and Affiliate partners.
You will be a core pillar in maintaining good risk selection, help shape technical and customer prices, allowing for continued profitable account growth. You will take a leading role in enhancing our proposition range with new products and new partnership opportunities, working closely with other pricing teams, underwriting and partnership managers to forge strong and mutual relationships across a range of internal and external stakeholders.
Motor is our largest product, and this role offers the opportunity to drive innovation that adds significant value to the business. You will use your insurance market knowledge and pricing expertise to develop and implement optimisation strategies that enable us to deliver on our business objectives. We work closely with the wider Retail business to manage our Trading performance and with our Technical Excellence Pricing colleauges, so building and maintaining strong relationships is key to us achieving our goals.
Following the recent acquisition of Legal and General GI, the Home product now forms a significant part of our retail portfolio. In this role you will be a key member of the portfolio pricing team and work on optimising our rates in order to deliver the best prices to market. You will need to use your relationship building skills as we work closely with teams in the wider business to manage our trading position and achieve our business goals.
You will be joining an agile Pricing team looking to grow our digital only product offering. The brand initially launched in 2019 and our growth is expected to continue through the organic growth of current offerings and enhancing the range of products offered.
The roles will be based in our Croydon, Birmingham or Bournemouth office on a Hybrid basis, with considerable opportunity to work from home up on a regular basis. We adopt a flexible working environment with a strong focus on continuous learning and development.
We don't expect you to know everything from day one, but the following will enable you to hit the ground running:
- Proven experience in working with large data sources and a good command of Python, SQL, SAS or similar coding languages
- Experience of Willis Towers Watson software suite mainly focused on Radar and Emblem
- Good understanding of the various elements of the price we set, and how we can optimise this to deliver business targets
- Good stakeholder management skills, including communication, expectation management and the ability to convey technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Ability to build and maintain relationships throughout both the Pricing Department and the wider business
- Knowledge of relevant statistical modelling methods and machine learning techniques
- In addition you will be quick to learn, with the ability to prioritise activities and work accurately to tight deadlines, always remaining responsive to the needs of the business
- Ideally you will hold a highly numerate degree, and have experience of applying your knowledge in a business environment. A background in either Motor or Home General Insurance Pricing is helpful but not essential.
Your role will vary day to day, but here is a bit of what you can expect:
- Carry out and support the team with pricing analysis and when required presenting to the Trading Forum and contribute to delivering agreed outcomes.
- Contribute to the delivery of technical projects to improve underwriting performance against common technical modelling standards and adherence to data controls.
- Regularly review pricing and underwriting monitors, ensuring key points are escalated.
- With your manager, define, set priority and report on status of project work and rate reviews / analysis to support product and pricing development.
- Assist in coaching and developing other colleagues within the team to ensure constant up-skilling.
- Keep abreast of developments in the Company and wider UK insurance market.
Why Work for Us?
Exciting things are happening at LV=General Insurance (LV=GI). Having recently become part of the Allianz family, we’re proud to be one of the largest personal insurers in the UK.
Driven by our pride and passion, we will always do the right thing to inspire trust in our people and our customers. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to become Britain’s best-loved insurer, by helping people look after what they love.
What we can offer you
This role is a Senior Associate cluster in the LV= Structure. Recognised and rewarded for a job well done, we have a range of flexible benefits for you to choose from- so you can pick a package that’s perfect for you. We also offer flexible working options, global career opportunities across the wider LV=GI Group, and fantastic career development and training. That’s on top of enjoying all the benefits you’d expect from the world’s number one insurance brand, including:
- 26 days' holiday – which increases after two years’ service to 28 days, plus bank holidays
- A competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14%
- An annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- A flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance)
- ElectriX EV salary sacrifice scheme
- A generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel as well as up to 50% discount on your car insurance.
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe fostering a diverse and inclusive culture is key to the successful delivery of our future strategy. Our Diversity and Inclusion programme challenges us to provide inclusive products for our customers and members and to ensure our workplace is accessible and inclusive for all. Our vision is to foster an inclusive culture and diverse workforce which values individual difference and where everybody can live confident, driving better customer and financial outcomes.
LV= is an equal opportunities employer who values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We recognise that people work in different ways, and we value alternative viewpoints, celebrate individuality and foster a culture where everyone can bring their true self to work. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce, we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs, culture, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities and long term health conditions
Here at LV= we always love to hear from great people, so don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and become a fan on Facebook.