Principal Pricing Analyst - Actuarial
Liverpool Victoria General Insurance Group
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Not Specified
Who we are
We are not your average insurance company; in fact, we strive to be different. You will not find strict dress codes, jargon-filled documents, or unrealistic targets here. What you will find is a welcoming culture, a clear vision and teams of passionate people doing their best for our customers.
LV= GI is a large, multi-award-winning general insurance company, with nearly 7 million customers and aspirations for future growth. Having recently become part of the Allianz family, we’re proud to be one of the largest personal insurers in the UK.
LV=GI have a new opportunity for a Principal Pricing Analyst within our Actuarial Pricing team covering our office in Croydon or Leeds.
You’ll be working with the wider Pricing team and Data Science team to develop and implement best practices. You'll deliver project work and analysis to agreed business timescales, influence and interpret project requirements from Pricing meetings and document important decisions and challenges from the senior stakeholders. In addition to this you will build and maintain relationships with teams involved in the Pricing end-to-end delivery process and across the company.
- Build an automated process to project claims to ultimate using best practice techniques, including developing a claims monitoring process
- Work with various stakeholders to ensure inputs into the Forecast are robust
- Co-ordinate the roll-out of the new Forecast across all Products
- Work with the Technical Pricing teams to ensure the technical premium models reflect the latest view of risk
- Stay abreast of industry best practice on actuarial methodologies and competitor insights
- Provide guidance on the interpretation / limitations of the Pricing Forecasts
- Provide input into innovative ways of carrying out Forecasting work to improve accuracy and efficiency. This might include data science techniques
- Adhere to high model governance standards
So, is this opportunity right for you?
You’ll have experience working in an insurance pricing function, and you’ll be looking to take the next step in your career to use your experience to take charge of major projects and to influence LV=’s strategy for pricing. You will look at how things are done today and identify opportunities to improve them.
You’ll be keen to learn and proactively develop your career, and we’ll provide many opportunities and support, including:
- Access to the AllianzU platform for a wide range of learning resources to target the areas you want to improve
- Learning resources to improve and maintain your data science skills including a company subscription to DataCamp.
- Generous study support packages if you want to work towards becoming a qualified actuary or another professional qualification
- The chance to be mentored by experts in the field, and to mentor junior team members in your chosen subject
- Opportunities to diversify your experience across a variety of product lines and secondment opportunities to other departments across LV=
- It’ll be up to you to direct your personal development, and we’ll be there every step of the way to support you and give you opportunities to put the knowledge you gain into practice!
We don't expect you to know everything from day one, but you should be able to demonstrate the following
- Actuarial qualification is desirable
- Significant pricing or reserving experience
- Excellent working knowledge of actuarial methods and principles, ideally in a pricing or reserving context.
- Experience of working in an insurance pricing role and an understanding of modelling techniques.
- Knowledge of the general insurance regulatory environment.
- Proficiency in Excel and MS Office or equivalent applications.
- Experience of planning and managing projects from inception to completion within business timelines.
- A passion for sharing knowledge in an informative and engaging way to upskill the Pricing team and build LV=‘s reputation as industry leaders in pricing.
What we can offer you
Recognised and rewarded for a job well done, we have a range of flexible benefits for you to choose from- so you can pick a package that’s perfect for you. We also offer flexible working options, global career opportunities across the wider LV=GI Group, and fantastic career development and training. That’s on top of enjoying all the benefits you’d expect from the world’s number one insurance brand, including:
- 30 days' holiday
- A competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14%
- An annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- A flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance)
- Private medical insurance which you can upgrade to family cover
- ElectriX EV salary sacrifice scheme
- A generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel as well as up to 50% discount on your car insurance.
Our Ways of Working
Do you need some flexibility with the hours you work? Let us know as part of your application and if it’s right for our customers, our business and for you, then we’ll do everything we can to make it happen.
We are signatories of the ABIs flexible working charter. We believe in supporting hybrid work patterns, which balance the needs of our customers, with your personal circumstances and our business requirements. Our aim with this is to help innovation, creativity, and you to thrive - Your work life balance is important to us.
Our Purpose and Values
We secure your future
Be Brave | With Heart | Everyone Counts | Inspiring Trust
Our purpose and values are more than just words on a website - they are the why and how of LV= GI. They influence everything we do and guide us how to do it. Created by our people, for our people, they shape our culture, bring us together, and inspire us to be the best. Building an inclusive culture for us all to succeed.
Diversity & Inclusion
At LV=GI we value diversity and inclusion and back this up with our accreditations. We are EDGE certified for gender inclusion, members of the Women in Finance Charter, signatories of Business in the Community’s Race at Work Charter, and an Armed Forces Covenant gold standard employer.
We recognise the strength of neurodiversity in the workplace, and the far-reaching benefits of embracing a spectrum of thinking styles and innovative capabilities. We proudly welcome applications from neurodivergent and disabled candidates, and can offer tailored adjustments to remove barriers and set you up for success in your career.
At LV=GI, we encourage our people to advocate for what they need, we listen, and we act – this could include providing assistive technology, ergonomic specialist equipment, mentoring and coaching, or flexibility in the way you work, among a wide range other adjustments.