Liverpool Victoria General Insurance Group
Job Type: Not Specified
Who we are
We are not your average insurance company; in fact, we strive to be different. You will not find strict dress codes, jargon-filled documents, or unrealistic targets here. What you will find is a welcoming culture, a clear vision and teams of passionate people doing their best for our customers.
LV= GI is a large, multi-award-winning general insurance company, with nearly 7 million customers and aspirations for future growth. Having recently become part of the Allianz family, we’re proud to be one of the largest personal insurers in the UK.
LV= GI has a terrific opportunity for an Underwriter within our Retail business working in ither Bournemouth or Croydon. Whilst you will contribute to delivery of product features, underwriting approach, terms, validation controls you will be predominately focused on our data mapping rules across product lines and distribution channels to support our strategic aims.
- To systematically review and make recommendations to enhance:
- Underwriting/mapping rules, terms and/or validation and payment controls across channels to improve profitability and expand footprint.
- Product features to ensure they are competitive and meet customer expectations.
- To identify opportunities, make recommendations, and implement solutions, to improve our use of data and mappings across channels (for quotes, sales, MTAs, renewals, and upsell/cross-sell), including identifying data enrichments to achieve this.
- To share recommendations with management, ‘own’ the initiative and drive it through to delivery.
- To contribute to project works-streams, acting as lead or ‘subject matter expert’ for product or technical mapping issues that arise.
- To collaborate with Direct functional teams, Operations (Sales, Service and Claims) and other teams such as Digital and Counter Fraud to ensure successful delivery of initiatives.
- To regularly review and recommend enhancements to documents ensuring accuracy, clarity and fairness of policy terms and customer communications.
- To make product/channel/reference data updates, e.g. to vehicle file, occupations and mapping rules, and/or to maintain data enrichment systems and controls, using analysis to make recommendations for improvement.
- To engage with suppliers, e.g. of policy admin, data services or document fulfilment, to help ensure they are effectively supporting LV values and strategy.
- To act as technical referral, point for the business and suppliers, making decisions on the acceptance of risks and settlement of claims outside of the system rules.
- To provide expert guidance to expand other members of staff technical knowledge, ensure the right business and customer outcomes, and reduce referrals
- Develop and monitor market insight, customer feedback and product performance MI to:
- Define and deliver product enhancements to ensure our products are competitive and
- meet customer expectations.
- Define and deliver underwriting and terms across channels to improve profitability and expand footprint.
- Identify and recommend enhancements to procedures and controls to improve efficiency and reduce risk.
- To review changes to call guides, web pages and marketing messages, and provide technical approval, ensuring clarity of customer communications and policy terms.
- To contribute to audits of Operations and suppliers (including data enrichment providers) to ensure adherence to underwriting guidelines.
- To undertake any other underwriting related activities to support the product/underwriting manager or underwriting director, as necessary.
- To comply with Conduct Risk and TCF principles and with GDPR requirements when conducting the above activities.
You are a self-starter with the ability to proactively work on your own initiative. You will have a background in General Insurance Underwriting within a Direct environment (call centre, web, aggregator, and partner) and have previous experience working with data mappings or schema’s used by Aggregator’s, or have relevant technical expertise relating to motor or home mappings. You are likely to hold or be progressing towards a relevant professional qualification.
You are organised, analytical and thorough and proactively identify opportunities and risks, and form sound judgements to make appropriate recommendations. You enjoy working as part of a busy team, using your effective communication skills and friendly, confident manner to collaborate and build great relationships with colleagues across the business and external partners, while managing stakeholder expectations.
You will be well-developed problem-solving ability with the ability to evaluate data and draw conclusions from analysis, ensuring the right inferences are drawn out.
You are able to think commercially and always have the customer at the forefront of your mind. Your inquisitive nature means you constantly seek ways to improve the commercial outcomes of the portfolios and your can-do attitude and project management skills ensure that you see tasks through to a timely conclusion, overcoming obstacles and driving change.
What we can offer you
Recognised and rewarded for a job well done, we have a range of flexible benefits for you to choose from- so you can pick a package that’s perfect for you. We also offer flexible working options, global career opportunities across the wider LV=GI Group, and fantastic career development and training. That’s on top of enjoying all the benefits you’d expect from the world’s number one insurance brand, including:
- 26 days' holiday
- A competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14%
- An annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- A flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance)
- ElectriX EV salary sacrifice scheme
- A generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel as well as up to 50% discount on your car insurance.
Our Ways of Working
Do you need some flexibility with the hours you work? Let us know as part of your application and if it’s right for our customers, our business and for you, then we’ll do everything we can to make it happen.
We are signatories of the ABIs flexible working charter. We believe in supporting hybrid work patterns, which balance the needs of our customers, with your personal circumstances and our business requirements. Our aim with this is to help innovation, creativity, and you to thrive - Your work life balance is important to us.
Our Purpose and Values
We secure your future
Be Brave | With Heart | Everyone Counts | Inspiring Trust
Our purpose and values are more than just words on a website - they are the why and how of LV= GI. They influence everything we do and guide us how to do it. Created by our people, for our people, they shape our culture, bring us together, and inspire us to be the best. Building an inclusive culture for us all to succeed.
Diversity & Inclusion
At LV= GI, we value diversity and inclusion and back this up with our accreditations. LV=GI is EDGE certified for gender inclusion, members of the Women in Finance Charter, members of the Stonewall Diversity Champion programme, signatories of Business in the Community’s Race at Work Charter, and an Armed Forces Covenant gold standard employer.
We have a range of employee networks focusing on gender inclusion, cultural diversity, LGBTQIA+, disability and long term health conditions (including neurodiversity), intergenerational and life stages, parents and carers, mental wellbeing, menopause support and armed forces and veterans, all supporting you to bring your best and authentic self to work.