Asset Management Director
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
As Asset Management Director, You will play an instrumental role in shaping the value proposition for the Strategic Asset Management Team. You will report to the Head of Asset Management, the Chapter leader. Working with fellow Senior Management Team members, the short-term focus will be through contributions to the architecture of the growing business, including its structure, operating model and key priorities which are especially critical in these critical formative stages.
Over the medium to long term you will help shape the culture and model the right behaviours. Doing so will forge a dynamic and driven high performing team brought by your wealth of credible leadership experience, complemented by a freshness of genuine diversity and inclusion that challenges our preconceptions and norms.
You will leverage your significant knowledge to inform the development of the blueprint for service lines that deliver transformational change across client enterprises. In guiding our delivery teams, you will identify the key capabilities needed to enable the services. The end result shall be compelling proposition that marries up strategic asset management with business change, digital information and the opportunities presented across the value chain. You will also work with colleagues within and outside of Strategic Advisory to map out a way forward as to future capabilities can be delivered and greater organisational collaboration can be fostered.
Your team shall collaborate with Account Leads to leverage their client knowledge and relationships to ensure you can oversee the creation and delivery of a sustainable pipeline of exciting consulting projects. Equally, you will also be able to identify the tactical opportunities through commissions that can act as a foundation for wider growth, not just for Strategic Advisory but also the wider Mott MacDonald Group.
A bit about the team
The vision for Strategic Advisory is to "Empower lasting industry transformation". We partner with clients to navigate complex organisational challenges and discover opportunities by providing high value management consultancy services that deliver transformational change.
What you will contribute to the team;
- Work with the Chapter Lead to design and develop the team and its enablers, including the organisational structure, decision making governance and business processes.
- Through proactive leadership foster and support building a strong and inclusive culture across the team, including people development and capability building, owning select client relationships to develop a strong pipeline of work (approx. 2 days/week)
- Support Head of Asset Management in developing of a clear growth strategy for the capabilities that sit within this space, such that we remain our clients' preferred trusted advisor
- Engage target clients and Mott MacDonald's wider business representatives to build awareness of existing and new service offerings and digital solutions
- Seek out new prospects and convert opportunities into projects in a managed pipeline
- Lead the preparation and presentation of responses to requests for proposals, from initial bid strategy and positioning through submission and client interviews
- Mentor and support the development of the team through line management responsibility
- Lead and oversee commissions that also support team development and growth (approx. 3 days/week)
- Engage with client executives, directing the shaping of strategies that enhance organisational asset management decisions that also maximise client resilience
- Provide high value multi-sector consultancy to customers through consulting teams
- Challenge the norm and drive innovative ways of delivering outstanding experiences
- Hold accountability for successful project delivery - to quality, time and cost that delights
- Drive capability building and learning opportunities through consulting projects.
Required for the position of Asset Management Director
- Out and out leadership capability, in terms of business management and strategy, but also as a role model, mentor and coach that enables the development of others
- Recognised industry leader with considerable experience in at least one of Transportation, Energy, Water or Built Environment or related Infrastructure sector
- Significant knowledge in strategic asset management and long-term investment planning
- Expertise and knowledge of major programme functions, business acumen and how people, performance and projects come together
- Demonstrable experience of business development and client relationship management in a consultancy setting, with an ability to win new work that builds a strong pipeline
- Strong commercial acumen in directing consulting commissions
- Strong communication skills, polished creative/technical writing and a confident presenter
- Demonstrable track record in pushing the boundaries that is evolutionary in consultancy, i.e. bring progressive approaches, thinking and ways of working
- Customer centric perspective focusing on outcomes and whole-life value
- Ability to influence stakeholders at all levels including the executive team
Behaviours / qualities
- Commitment to company PRIDE values (Progress; Respect; Integrity; Drive; Excellence)
- Understand the vital leadership, capability and cultural components that drive the people element of service offerings and be able to articulate the value that this brings
- A self-starter mentality with a desire to apply initiative and new ideas, comfortable working in a dynamic, evolving environment
- An open minded, assertive, collaborative attitude; a strong sense of team spirit; vision driven
- Adaptable, versatile and agile with the ability to respond rapidly and effectively to challenges
- Ability to think strategically and laterally, bringing creativity to problem solving
- Demonstrable passion for digital and delivering built environment transformation
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.