Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As the Commercial Manager, you will have the day-to-day responsibility to manage Mott MacDonald or Clients obligations on large infrastructure projects. As part of the Core Team, you will work closely with the Senior Project Manager and Projects Controls Team to manage the project deliverables to the Client expectations.
A bit about the team
We operate in Highways, Rail, Aviation and Maritime. Our vision is to deliver major transportation projects as part of a global business and to establish our wide-ranging consultancy as 'credible' and 'preferred' for our existing and new clients.
What will the role offer?
You will have opportunities to work on some of the UK's largest Transportation projects, working with key clients and with experts from across Mott MacDonald and the industry. We are passionate about collaborating to deliver high quality solutions with a focus on sustainability, social value and technical excellence.
Some examples of the areas that you may be able to work on;
- Rail - We provide support to major rail infrastructure projects across the UK. We are particularly proud to be involved with Crossrail, HS2 and Northern Powerhouse Rail along with a large number of other projects.
- Highways - We work closely with National Highways supporting them on a variety of projects across the UK.
- Ports - Our ports team covers aviation and maritime projects and we are seeing a lot of growth in this area with opportunities at key airports in the UK as well as further afield.
- Local Authority - we support a wide range of local authorities across the country with their transportation projects. These projects often cover elements of rail, highways, sustainability and social value.
Mott MacDonald is proud to support the professional development of all employees, funding one professional institution subscription per year and providing learning and development opportunities to support team members as they progress to chartership.
What you will contribute to the team;
- Responsible for commercial management, including:
- Budget management including month end reporting (actuals, monthly variances, accruals and annual variances)
- Risk management and reporting
- Dispute resolution / avoidance
- Offering commercial strategy advice
- Review and recommendation of subcontractor acceptance
- Assist the Client PM / NEC PM with the management of CEMAR
- Assessment of compensation events
- Assessment of monthly payment applications
- Commercial audits
- Managing assistant commercial managers and quantity surveyors within the team
- Mentoring of junior members of team
- Sub Lot cost and time baseline and changes to baseline.
- Forecasting of Estimate To Complete.
- MIDP deliverables tracker update.
- Weekly and monthly progress reports.
- Ensure that scope definition is clear and unambiguous.
- Price any change to baseline.
- Ensure that projects delivered in adherence with Employer's Requirements, standards and best practice
- Contribute to the assignment of ownership to the identified risks and opportunities
- Provides advice and support to project teams where necessary