Senior Project Manager
Location: Northern Ireland
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it's employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As a Senior Project Manager you will be reporting directly to the Project Director, the role will see you leading and managing complex workstreams on major infrastructure projects in the North of England. This opportunity will enable you to shape the direction of our growing Project management team and be part of the senior team delivering a nationally significant portfolio of projects. You will drive innovation of our service delivery and provide mature programme and project management advice to the team and an integrated client
What you will contribute to the team;
- Delivery of commission obligations and internal project performance
- Building and managing strong relationships with senior client representative
- Establishing effective communications across the project delivery, client and stakeholder teams
- Taking the lead on problem solving and decision making
- Team leadership, resource planning and management
- Controlling the internal and external commercial aspects of projects across a range of contractual arrangements
Required for the position of Senior Project Manager;
- Engineering and/or Project Management degree or relevant successful experience in project management
- Membership of the APM, PMI, or RICS
- Ideally chartered or working towards chartership
- Substantial project management expertise
- Substantial experience of managing and leading project teams to successful outcomes
- Strong client and stakeholder relationship building skills
- Effective communication, with clients, project team, business manager and other business units
- High degree of commercial acumen and knowledge of planning and project controls
Preferred, but not required
- Ability to motivate, inspire and develop high performing teams
- Ability to create an enjoyable and fulfilling work environment
- Strong focus on health and wellbeing
- Broad experience in the public sector environment
- Significant experience in administering a wide range of contracts
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrable collaborative behaviours
- Proven leadership skills with ability to adapt leadership style
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
About the business unit
The Advisory and Programme Delivery (APD) unit delivers management services in all the sectors that Mott MacDonald operate in the Built Environment, Defence, Energy, Water, Transportation and, Education, Health and Care.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute. If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.