Civil Engineer - Water Sector
Location: County Dublin
Job Type: Full time
Mott MacDonald's water team is enjoying an exciting period of growth, thanks to excellent technical performance, major project wins and close client relationships. Our staff are working on a large and diverse portfolio of challenging, dynamic and high-profile water/wastewater projects for a range of clients in Ireland and the UK, including:
- Irish Water
- Northern Ireland Water
- Scottish Water
In addition, we are providing water services design support on large multidisciplinary projects across a diverse portfolio.
Does this sound like the stimulating and exciting work you are looking for?
With continued success in our projects and an expanding portfolio of work we have an opportunity for a Senior Water Engineer to join our Water Teams in Cork, Dublin, and Belfast.
Reporting to a Project Manager, the role offers the opportunity for you to develop your skills and progress your career. Working as part of a team of innovative engineers and technical specialists you will deliver an exciting portfolio of work for clients across Ireland and the UK including water and wastewater networks, treatment plants, and related infrastructure.
What does a normal day look like?
- Preparing and reviewing outline and detailed civil engineering designs
- Producing technical and commercial reports, drawings, specifications, schedules, and other documentation
- Preparing cost estimates
- Giving presentations and attending meetings with clients and third parties
- Assisting in the management of projects
- Completing site inspections
- Implementing Company procedures to consider and mitigate Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental risks
- Developing your technical and project management skills
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team environment, in close partnership with clients and contractors.
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.