Job Type: Full time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
We are currently recruiting for a Transport Planner to join our team in Southampton. As a Transport Planner you will be responsible for planning the fleet of vehicles, ensuring their maximum utilisation and customer satisfaction.
This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Produce a daily Transport Plan in line with customer orders and expectations, negotiating best times where possible to best utilise the fleet.
- Utilise vehicles to plan all vehicles with a view to support and maximise daily revenue targets.
- Provide new work quotations.
- Resource subcontractors ensuring full induction / company standards are communicated and formally agreed, when efficient to use.
- Negotiate subcontractor rates.
- Attend daily planning review meetings to approve next day and night plan.
- Ensure plans are at best cost solutions.
- Update systems accurately and utilise its functionality.
- Ensure customer service levels with all customers are achieved.
- Previous transport planning experience with strong organisational skills.
- Good geographical knowledge.
- A full understanding of Tachograph, working time and drivers’ hours regulations.
- TOPS experience
- VBS experience
- Previous container experience - desirable
- Excellent IT skills.
- Good communication skills.
In return you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days of annual leave
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Regular training
Please be advised that successful appointments are subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team