Job Type: Full time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
We are currently recruiting for Cargo Handler to join our team in Southampton.
This is a full-time, permanent position (50 hours per week).
- Safely secure export loads and safely remove import loads.
- General inspection of containers prior to loading for export and on arrival for import ensuring loads are safe and presented in accordance with the requirements.
- Communicate effectively with the Transport office, understand requirements and give accurate information as required.
- Effective and appropriate use of tools, equipment and machinery in the correct manner.
- Ensure you do your daily vehicle checks to make sure your vehicle is roadworthy and safe to use.
- Follow all company procedures and customer procedures
- Maintain high standards of good housekeeping.
- Maintain health and safety standards
- Flexibility with working hours.
- Good comprehension of written and spoken English.
- A strong team player, encouraging a team working environment with the commitment to drive and support others as required
- Counter balance forklift experience, banks man & other related equipment
- Experience with loading and unloading cargo - beneficial but not essential
- A mature approach to H&S
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team