Principal AWS Engineer
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to be part of a team that is growing?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our DevOps team
The DevOps team deliver complete business and technical solutions using leading edge technology. We are a skilled team of cloud focused business analysists, project managers, system developers, software engineers, architects, and support engineers.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft, and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security, and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
Do you want to make change happen by joining a team that never stands still?
As the AWS Principal Engineer, you will work closely with the CloudOps Technology Lead to solve complex technical issues, and provide deep AWS technical knowledge to support the development and implementation of Softcat's Cloud Services.
As AWS Principal Engineer you'll be responsible for:
- Providing Technical Leadership to the Cloud Support Team
- Identifying technical training to continuously grow our cloud delivery and support knowledge
- Providing technical feedback to CRE team to improve AWS IaC templates
- Owning AWS technical standards documentation
- Defining AWS support standards in partnership with the CloudOps Technology Lead
What we need from you
- Experience with deployment automation tools such as Terraform, Circle CI, GitHub Actions etc
- A background in AWS and/or demonstrative hosting-specific technical skills
- Working knowledge of AWS Products & Services: Relational and NoSQL Databases, Caching, Object and Block Storage, Scaling, Load Balancing, CDNs, Networking etc
- Good understanding of design of native Cloud applications, Cloud application design patterns and practices
- Strong working knowledge of IaC - CF Templates, Terraform etc
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working - a mixture of working from the office and working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
- We can also offer this role on a part time (4 days per week) basis
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now.
As part of our commitment to supporting, attracting and retaining the best diverse talent, Softcat is proud to partner with organisations like WORK180, My G Work and Black Young Professionals. Work 180 endorse employers that demonstrate on-going support for women at work, including offering benefits and policies that best support female employees. My G Work support us in our aim of attracting more LGBTQ+ talent. The BYP network support us in diversifying our talent pool by tapping into the black professional community.