CRM Business Analyst (day-rate contract)
Location: Greater Manchester
Job Type: Full time
*This role cannot be aligned to our London office. Please ensure you only select an office listed on the left of this advert, as we will not be able to consider your candidacy otherwise. Please also see the remarks about travel across the UK and about hybrid working below, as we can't offer fully remote options.*
Do you have a background as a Business Analyst evaluating different CRM platforms?
Can you show a track-record of involvement in multiple end-to-end CRM implementations?
Join our Business Systems Team
IT systems play a pivotal role in Softcat's success. As our business grows and evolves it is essential, we have a set of reliable, scalable yet flexible systems. The Business Systems Team are responsible for the design, delivery, and management of these key business applications. In support we work in conjunction with an ever-increasing number of Vendors, Partners, and Softcat Stakeholders.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is one of the UK's leading technology solutions businesses. Thanks to the success and growth of our services, we offer an increasingly broad range of tech careers. There could be a bright future for you if you're interested in software, networking, analytics, or cyber security.
Have you collaborated cross-functionally on CRM implementation or replacement projects?
Softcat are embarking on a CRM Replacement Project which requires a CRM Business Analyst (day-rate contractor) who'll be responsible for gathering, analysing, documenting, and managing business requirements for the replacement of the current CRM system.
This role involves close collaboration with various stakeholders, including business users, IT teams, and third-party vendors; facilitating communication/collaboration to resolve conflicts and ensure clarity.
A pivotal role in ensuring that the new CRM system not only meets technical specifications but also aligns with the organization's strategic objectives and delivers tangible business value. You'll assist in developing change management strategies for a smooth transition to the new system; providing training/support to end-users.
Alongside this, the role will see you identifying risks and issues related to CRM replacement, proposing mitigation strategies; monitoring, and reporting on identified risks.
(Please download the attached job description below for a more thorough overview.)
You'll also be responsible for:
- Collaborating to determine/document CRM requirements; conducting interviews, workshops, and surveys, analysing existing processes/systems
- Creating BRDs and FRDs; developing visual aids to illustrate requirements; maintaining version control and documentation management
- Analysing/prioritising requirements to ensure alignment with objectives; evaluating impacts of proposed changes; collaborating to identify solutions
- Collaborating with solution architects/designers to develop the CRM system's functional design; ensuring the solution meets requirements
- Test planning with the Test Lead on UAT; verifying the CRM system meets requirements and functions
- Maintaining project-related documentation
We'd love you to have:
- Proven experience as a Business Analyst in CRM implementation or replacement projects
- Track record of involvement in tenders/bids/RFPs evaluating different CRM platforms
- Proficiency in business analysis tools and methodologies
- Knowledge of CRM systems and their functionality, coupled with data migration and integration in CRM projects
- Knowledge of industry-specific CRM best practices.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, along with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- This is a day-rate contract till the end of July 2024, with the possibility of extension
- If this hire is aligned to one of the offices stated in the advert other than Marlow, they will be required to travel to Marlow regularly. We stress again, London isn't an office this hire can be aligned to
- There will be periodic travel required to other Softcat offices across the UK
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working – three days in the office and twodays working from home is our default, however due to the nature of the programme there will be periods where you will be required to be in the office five days a week. This cannot be defined upfront, so you'll need to be flexible as to the unpredictable nature and frequency of coming into the office
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We're welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.