Microsoft Alliances Lead
Location: Greater Manchester
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to take responsibility for Softcat's largest cloud partner?
Do you have the ability to develop and drive strategic vendor plans?
Join our Cloud Alliances Team
The Cloud alliances team at Softcat is a group of passionate and experienced professionals who work closely with our cloud partners to deliver the best solutions for our customers. The team is responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with our cloud providers, such as Microsoft, AWS, and others, and also helps to develop and execute cloud strategies, drive cloud adoption, and support cloud innovation across our business. The Cloud alliances team is always looking for new ways to leverage the power and potential of the cloud to help our customers succeed.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ pa turnover technology solutions business, helping customers to use their infrastructure to succeed, by putting our employees first. We offer a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure and managed services, and give our teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
Develop and evolve our Microsoft business
The Microsoft Alliances Lead at Softcat is a key position within the organisation. In this role, you will be responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with Microsoft, Softcat's largest cloud partner. Working closely with various teams within Softcat, including Sales, Technology, Commercial and Business Operations, you will develop and execute our Microsoft strategies and support our specialist teams to deliver the best Microsoft solutions to our customers.
As the Microsoft Alliance Lead, you'll be responsible for:
- Managing and developing our Microsoft business strategy, utilising our comprehensive resource portfolio, while maintaining strong relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Owning the Softcat value proposition for Microsoft, positioning us as a trusted advisor and no.1 partner of choice for Microsoft solutions.
- Providing thought leadership and expertise on Microsoft products, services, and innovation trends.
- Collaborating with senior stakeholders within the business to ensure synergy with the Microsoft strategy and goals, including alignment with our technology strategy, service development roadmap and Softcat GTMs.
- Driving sales excellence and best practices across the sales team, enabling us to achieve high customer satisfaction and retention.
- Managing a team of 3 direct reports to enable them to lead, motivate and inspire 40+ members of the cloud alliances team.
What we need from you
- Extensive demonstrable experience working with Microsoft, or a similar calibre channel partner in a Partnership Lead or Sales role.
- Strong knowledge on Microsoft channel programs and Microsoft solutions, across Modern Workplace, Azure & Business Applications.
- Exceptional communication skills and demonstratable experience working with senior stakeholders, internally and externally.
- Proven ability in building a constructive network with evidence that you can establish and develop a commercial and strategic relationships with partners.
- You are required to be a team player with strong demonstrable people management experience.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working – 3 days in the office and 2 days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now.
As part of our commitment to supporting, attracting and retaining the best diverse talent, Softcat is proud to partner with organisations like WORK180, My G Work and Black Young Professionals. Work 180 endorse employers that demonstrate on-going support for women at work, including offering benefits and policies that best support female employees. My G Work support us in our aim of attracting more LGBTQ+ talent. The BYP network support us in diversifying our talent pool by tapping into the black professional community.