Accounts Payable Manager
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to kick start your career in a supportive, collaborative and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Accounts Payable Team
The Accounts Payable team is responsible for the process to pay function for Softcat, a large FTSE 250 IT Reseller where culture and our people are key to our success. The team currently consists of 15 team members and covers our UK ledger as well as our growing multinational branch ledgers (including the US, Singapore, Australia, Ireland, Hong Kong and the Netherlands). The team are all based in our head office in Marlow, together with the other business support functions. It is the team's responsibility to ensure all suppliers are paid within agreed terms and processed and posted in an efficient way to support the business.
Success. The Softcat Way.
There's a uniqueness to Softcat – what we do, how we do it and why we do it. That's because we help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. We give everyone the chance to step up and show how much they can achieve. We succeed when all our people succeed.
Be part of a team that enables business growth
This role has responsibility for the Accounts Payable function and team. Ensuring processes and controls are in place to support the efficient processing of supplier invoices and payments is a priority, as is the management of the growing team. The AP manager will need to build relationships with both suppliers and internal stakeholders to understand how improvements can be made and to adjust as the business continues to grow and evolve. Technology and automation are areas which can further enhance efficiency and job satisfaction and following a recent ERP system change, will be a focus for this person.
As Accounts Payable Manager, you'll be responsible for:
- Lead a key element of the purchase to pay process
- Create and execute a roadmap to drive improved systems, processes and team engagement
- Work collaboratively with other parts of the business to improve P2P processes and introduce best practice across all areas of the business
- Optimise net working capital by improving payment terms, the utilisation of EPD and payment methods
- Improve understanding and perception of the AP process and function across Softcat
- Developing relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Introducing technology and automation (Invoice scanning, internal requisitions etc)
- Improving controls around the payment process
- Understand implications on other teams like financial reporting and treasury
We'd love you to have
- An experienced manager of large teams
- Confidence to challenge, change and improve
- Collaborative, proactive, and professional approach
- Ability to understand the challenges of multiple parties and find single, effective solutions.
- Experience of good control frameworks and working in large organisations
- A strong desire to improve systems and processes
- A drive to succeed and progress
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working – 3days in the office and 2days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
As part of our commitment to supporting, attracting and retaining the best diverse talent, Softcat is proud to partner with organisations like WORK180, My G Work and Black Young Professionals. Work 180 endorse employers that demonstrate on-going support for women at work, including offering benefits and policies that best support female employees. My G Work support us in our aim of attracting more LGBTQ+ talent. The BYP network support us in diversifying our talent pool by tapping into the black professional community.