Traincrew Roster Administrator - Part Time (12 month secondment/maternity cover)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The purpose of this job is to:
- provide administrative support to the Traincrew Roster Team
- help co-ordinate resource requirements and collate data by project
- assist the teams liaise with the appointed team representatives from Finance, HR, other teams in Train Services, Access Contracts, Performance, Communications, Passenger Services, and Engineering to ensure that activities are completed to schedule, risks are noted and mitigations planned.
Take a look at the video below to see what we achieved in 2023!:
- Provide general support for the Traincrew Roster Team Managers
- Maintain accurate, accessible records for all Key Stake Holders within the business.
- Collate material for input to progress reports as required by the teams;
- Manage the documentation – ensuring all documents are filed in an orderly fashion online;
- Process Medicals and Taxi requirements;
- Manage the Sick, Off track and vacancies board and spread sheets;
- Maintain statistical data that informs the current situations of each depot/location.
- Assist the members of the teams with various activities including:
- Monitor actions and update action lists;
- Collate reason for costs, required supporting information (staff; direct and indirect costs) associated with the various release of crews;
- Collate risks and issues and help to manage mitigations.
- Liaise with all Southeastern teams:
- Working with team members, help to ensure that all activities are completed to schedule, risks are noted and mitigations planned;
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for this role we recommend you demonstrate the below in your application;
- An experienced administrator
- Knowledge of and experience working in a Train Operating Company with a good understanding of what is important to passengers and what is needed to make a team operate successfully
- Experience of working in a busy environment with many challenges
- Strong writing and computer skills, proficient with outlook, excel and word, other software including powerpoint, photoshop or adobe Illustrator preferred
- Communications and team working – expresses oneself confidently and effectively. Is friendly, approachable and engages others in open, honest and productive conversations. Good listener and supportive of others helping to promote a team culture. Supports colleagues and works effectively with others. A good team worker, who is thorough, understands the importance of and is able to meet deadlines
- Ability to multitask, well organised and creative
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 24 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays).
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern runs train services into London from Kent and East Sussex, operating almost 1,700 trains a day, carrying more than 400,000 passengers, serving 176 stations and covering 540 miles of track.
Just over 4,600 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are committed to being an inclusive employer, creating a workplace where everyone can come to work, feel safe and comfortable and able to do everything to the best of their ability. Read about some of the great Diversity and Inclusion initiatives our Head of Colleague Experience has been leading on here.
We recognise the positive value of diversity and it matters to us that our teams reflect the communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
We have also won the Top Employer award at the Women in Rail Awards 2022!
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation. We are unable to offer sponsorship to work in the UK.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
SOUTHEASTERN is owned by SE Trains Ltd, a subsidiary of the Department for Transport’s public sector owning group, ‘DOHL.’ DOHL has responsibility for three rail companies, LNER, Northern Trains Limited and SE Trains.
SE Trains Limited