Whole System Area Manager
Location: Perth and Kinross, Renfrewshire
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
Base Location: Perth or Glasgow | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception.
Salary: £45,400 - £68,200 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available.
The Whole System Area Manager is responsible for developing and supporting implementation of the best whole system policies across the SSEN transmission licence area, delivering optimal benefits for customers and consumers. These policies will be industry leading and will inform business as usual whole system approaches for SSEN Transmission and beyond. This will include the Scottish Islands, Cities, and other defined regions.
Travel would vary but would likely include a once-a-month trip to the Islands and a once-a-month trip down south.
Key accountabilities include:
- Motivate and challenge the wider SSEN Transmission and Distribution businesses to deliver what the relevant customers need, in particular around whole system policy (including connections and network growth). Define, create and deploy various initiatives to improve efficiencies and stakeholder experience.
- Collaborate with colleagues and with external stakeholders to define whole system options and seek necessary approvals through internal and regulatory processes. Ensure regular engagement with other transmission owners, the system operator, Ofgem, BEIS, developers and local authorities to make a valued whole system contribution.
- Responsible for representing SSEN Transmission and the related customers in the ongoing development of relevant industry policies, processes and procedures. The role will involve reviewing industry policy, identifying ways to improve it and informing policy revisions as required
- Responsible for effective communication, through positive engagement around all regulatory / legislative changes and decisions that have the potential to affect the island, cities, and regions proposals.
- Fully understand business risks associated with the proposals and assist with the implementation of any required risk mitigation measures.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- A thorough understanding of the GB Networks businesses gained in a commercial, regulatory, technical or legal environment.
- Experience in dealing with external stakeholders including network licensees, Ofgem, BEIS, Government departments, local authorities, developers and key industry bodies.
- The ability to network both internally and externally to facilitate the development of stakeholders and key industry influencers.
- Experience of delivering within challenging timescales, with the ability to effectively prioritise, plan and organise, balancing immediate and longer-term business priorities.
- A proven track record of challenging the “status quo”, proposing imaginative, appropriate solutions and implementing innovative business improvements.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE’ to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Stephanie on email@example.com or 01738 342963.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.