Business Development Manager
Location: Cardiff, Perth and Kinross, Reading
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
Base Location: Perth, Cardiff or Reading
Salary: £38,700 - £58,100 + car / allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
As the Business Development Manager, you will be responsible to source and respond to large volume and complex Energy supply bids. You will work closely with a variety of teams across the business to create a comprehensive proposition for customers enabling bespoke yet strategically consistent offerings. You will seek out leads and opportunities for new propositions to expand SSE Energy Solutions footprint in the marketplace.
- Responsible for collating responses to major bids or produce propositions for identified leads, working with other Sales and Commercial teams to enable the correct pricing and overall proposal to be effective.
- Liaise with Legal to receive guidance and feedback on received tenders, particularly around proposed Terms and Conditions.
- Conduct Business Development activities for expanding new propositions, sourcing and qualifying leads and engaging with prospects on an ongoing basis to increase the likelihood of consideration for large tenders.
- Carry out analysis reviews against major bids to identify where improvements could be made or segments where there is a trend of successful bids.
- Responsible for expanding new propositions such as CPPA's, EV, Market Reporting and broader energy services.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Extensive knowledge of the UK power and gas markets, experience of working within the energy industry or of working within a similarly regulated industry.
- Understanding of the sales metrics, including margin, profit, revenue and churn, and how these are calculated.
- Experience of major bids, commercial reviews and building sales pipelines.
- Demonstrable experience in large scale face-to-face and telephone executive sales.
- Experience of working directly with senior-level executives in support of strategic objectives.
About our Business
The race to net zero is intensifying for businesses of all sizes. Sustainable decisions made today can meet customers' changing needs for tomorrow and bring long-term success for businesses. Part of SSE plc, the UK and Ireland's largest renewable electricity generator, SSE Energy Solutions is different as all its renewable electricity is sourced from SSE's own UK wind and hydro assets.
In addition to providing gas and electricity to businesses across the UK, SSE Energy Solutions invests in, builds and connects localised flexible infrastructure to drive the long-term performance of energy assets. SSE Energy Solutions works with its customers to deliver financially robust plans to bring flexibility and diversity to their energy infrastructure - the low-carbon solutions they need to succeed in the race to net zero.
What’s in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement (including public holidays), enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE’ to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Lynsey on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01738 340426.
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
INTERNAL: As a courtesy, please let your current line manager know you are applying.