OT Security Analyst
Location: Aberdeen City, Highland Council, Perth and Kinross, Renfrewshire
Job Type: Full time
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £18 billion in low carbon projects to 2027, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key Scotland sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness
Salary: £38,700 - £58,100 + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
As OT Security Analyst within the Transmission OT Security team, you will be working to protect the security of SSE Transmission. You will be responsible for providing advisory services to SSE Transmission and interfacing with SSE Group and other business units.
Key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Have the ability to design, and execute security testing procedures to verify the security of systems, networks and applications, and manage the remediation of identified risks.
- Have in-depth knowledge of and be able to perform risk, business impact, control and vulnerability assessments.
- Be able to report to management concerning residual risk, vulnerabilities and other security exposures, including misuse of information assets and non compliance.
- Manage third parties delivering services to SSE Group to ensure that risks are maintained within acceptable thresholds.
- Have experience in developing policies, procedures, standards and guidelines in line with industry good practice and support the creation and delivery of cyber security awareness training for colleagues.
- Act as service owners responsible for secure configuration and management of solutions to address the security requirements such as:
Secure Remote Access.
Apply Anti-virus / Endpoint detection and response.
Removable Media Hygiene Devices.
Intrusion Detection Systems.
Logging/Monitoring Alerting Capabilities Feed Anomalies to SIEM Managing and coordinating operational components of incident management, including detection, response and reporting.
What do I need?
- Extensive experience of working with OT security, with a broad exposure to infrastructure/network and multiplatform environments.
- Experience with common information security management frameworks, such as National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Cyber Security Framework, International Standards Organisation (ISO) 17799/27001, ISA 62443.
- Have an understanding of all relevant legal and regulatory requirements, such as the UK Data Protection Act, GDPR, DPDI, NIS, and the critical roles and functions undertaken by departments such as DECC/OFGEM/CPNI.
- Hold or willing to obtain a professional certification such as CISSP, CISM, CISA or similar.
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Laura on firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 341814.
Candidates for this role will be required to obtain vetting to SC level through UK Government. The criteria normally includes 5 years UK residency, further information can be found here: United Kingdom Security Vetting: Applicant - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.