Location: Aberdeen City, Highland Council, Perth and Kinross, Renfrewshire
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
Base Location: Perth, Glasgow, Aberdeen or Inverness
Salary: £26,200 - £39,400 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The duties and responsibilities of the Digital Designer are:
- Responsible for providing the digital design of materials for SSEN Transmission and safeguarding of creative for our overall brand.
- Work with SSEN Transmission RIIO-T3 project team to translate our business strategy into engaging digital content for our customers and stakeholders.
- Facilitate a timely delivery of digital design, reacting to internal and external demands as required, as well as bringing fresh design ideas to the team.
- Develop innovative ways to engage internal/external stakeholders through specific design tasks and deliverables, maximising in house design capability.
- Demonstrate good communication and inter-personal skills, as well as written and verbal English language skills. Willingness to travel to other design locations, if required to meet project requirements.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Relevant qualification in related subject for example; multimedia, graphic design, digital communications or with a practical knowledge of digital design process.
- Able to follow strict brand guidelines and act as the brand guardian for all design work with excellent analytical capabilities. Ability to understand, interpret and explain technical or complex information in a visual way, translating complex data into graphical assets for the business to improve stakeholder understanding.
- Proven ability to collaborate across professional lines to implement technologies/processes and achieve results and capable of building and maintaining customer and supplier relationships and debating technical issues with both customer and suppliers.
- Proven experience with strategic planning, messaging strategy, corporate communications, content development, writing, web and social media, with excellent knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media and strong attention to detail and good grammar.
- Proven ability to influence stakeholders and project teams, build strong stakeholder relationships at all levels and have project management experience.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Debbie on email@example.com or 01738 342939.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.