Security Consultant Level 2
Location: Perth and Kinross, Portsmouth, Reading, Renfrewshire
Job Type: Full time
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £18 billion in low carbon projects to 2027, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Glasgow, Perth, Reading, Havant
Salary: £53,100 - £79,700 + performance-related bonus and a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
SSE's Cyber Risk and Information Security CRIS Consulting team delivers cyber security advice and guidance to SSE business units and projects to help them achieve successful business delivery and management of cyber risk.
This is an exciting cyber security role aligned to one or more SSE Business units on programs who are working at the leading-edge, achieving greater throughput and business value through Agile and Digital transformation, supporting SSE's Net Zero energy strategy.
The department is seeking to enhance its cyber security capabilities in key areas such as Operational Technology, Cloud / SaaS, Microsoft Azure, AWS, IoT and Agile security. This also with corresponding strong stakeholder management skills. Experience and qualifications in Cloud, SaaS, IoT, and Operation Technology are strongly preferred.
- Understands business needs and provides cyber security advice and guidance and assurance on technical solutions, based on approved security architectures. Analyses business impact and exposure, based on emerging security threats, vulnerabilities and risks.
- Communicates security threats, risks and solutions to business partners, IT and Operational Technology staff at all levels.
- Develops the business, information, threat, and risk assessment technical artefacts that inform the Business' information security architecture and solutions.
- Will assist leadership of the Security consulting team when needed.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- The Security Consult Level 2 is a deep cyber security expert with extensive cyber security experience; who may provide advice on complex matters to others in team.
- Extensive cyber security work experience, with a broad exposure to cloud/IT/OT/infrastructure/network and multiplatform environments.
- Expert knowledge of security issues, techniques and implications across all existing computer platforms.
- Proven ability in understanding business priorities, security process, and organizational design, and communicating in terms that Business stakeholders understand
- In-depth knowledge of threat and risk assessment methods, technologies, and proficiency in performing risk, business impact, control and vulnerability assessments.
About our Business
Our SSE Finance function has a key part to play in fulfilling SSE's obligations as a UK-listed company, providing expertise and services that can be shared across the SSE Group, and working in partnership with all businesses to provide services tailored to their specific needs. SSE operates in a highly regulated and increasingly competitive environment, and our role is to ensure that we gather, compile, analyse and recommend on the financial strategy for our businesses, identifying opportunities to drive efficiencies and create value for SSE now, and in the future.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact David on David.Brickell@sse.com / 01738 275846.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.
Candidates for this role will be required to obtain vetting to SC level through UK Government. The criteria normally includes 5 years UK residency, further information can be found here: United Kingdom Security Vetting: Applicant - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)