Location: Greater Manchester
Job Type: Full time
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £18 billion in low carbon projects to 2027, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Altrincham
Salary: £28,000 - £34,000 + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
This role is an ideal opportunity for a proactive, forward-thinking individual to join a fast-paced department. Working within a small team you will have the scope to get involved in a variety of tasks within the Finance department, with the key responsibilities being:
- Month end analysis and accounting.
- P/L analysis, posting journals for accruals, prepayments, deferred income etc.
- Balance sheet reconciliations - including relevant support and commentary.
- Assistance with audit / statutory reporting / VAT reporting.
- Providing ad-hoc support to the Finance Manager and the wider team.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- A strong grasp of accounting fundamentals e.g. accruals/prepayments, balance sheet reconciliations.
- Diligence and self motivation, ability to work with minimal supervision and good attention to detail.
- A proactive approach to problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Experience in a busy Accounts department.
- Good capability with Microsoft Excel and ERP/accounting software.
About our Business
Our SSE Finance function has a key part to play in fulfilling SSE's obligations as a UK-listed company, providing expertise and services that can be shared across the SSE Group, and working in partnership with all businesses to provide services tailored to their specific needs. SSE operates in a highly regulated and increasingly competitive environment, and our role is to ensure that we gather, compile, analyse and recommend on the financial strategy for our businesses, identifying opportunities to drive efficiencies and create value for SSE now, and in the future.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact email@example.com / 01738 344763.
EXTERNAL: Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.