Senior Wind Energy Analyst
Location: Belfast, County Dublin, Renfrewshire
Job Type: Full time
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £20.5 billion in low carbon projects up to 2027, our SSE Renewables (SSER) business continues to be at the forefront of our growth plans, and our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13 GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50 TWh over the next 10 years.
About the role
Base Location: Flexible UK & Ireland; however, our preference is that you will be based close to one of our key UK or Ireland sites; including but not limited to Glasgow, Dublin and Belfast.
Salary: Up to £68,200 / €96,000 depending on skills and experience + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time or Part Time | Flexible First options available
As Senior Wind Energy Analyst, you'll play a key role in the Energy Analytics (EA) team within SSER's Onshore Development & Construction business area, using your technical expertise to train, motivate, mentor and support team members in delivering a wide range of analysis and modelling activities towards SSE Renewables pipeline of onshore wind farms and co-located development projects.
In addition to this, your accountabilities will include:
- Leading inhouse R&D and the development of tools and processes, ensuring effective knowledge sharing within the team, and taking significant responsibility for quality monitoring of work.
- Effectively communicating complex technical topics in a clear, understandable way to a wide range of stakeholders, representing the team at internal and external meetings.
- Performing analysis of measured wind data from meteorological masts and LiDAR devices.
- Producing wind farm layout designs, conducting wind flow modelling and energy yield assessments, and performing turbine suitability assessments.
This role could also bring potential opportunity to be involved in wind farm noise assessments, co-location modelling (with battery, hydrogen or solar systems), the ongoing assessment of our operational wind assets, and wind measurement deployments.
What do I Need?
To be successful in this role, you'll need to be highly experienced in providing analysis and modelling support and you will be excited about working at the cutting edge of wind farm development.
We would also love you to have;
- A degree level qualification in a science, engineering or related discipline.
- A high level of proficiency in analysis and modelling techniques using a range of tools, including Windographer, WindFarmer Analyst, and CFD wind flow modelling. Knowledge of Matlab, Python or other coding environments would be beneficial.
- The ability to interpret data and convey key information with multi-disciplined project teams and a variety of stakeholders.
- A good understanding of how to mitigate project risks within the Renewables environment, and how to make informed decisions in order to maximise the value of projects at all stages in their lifecycle.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Pamela on email@example.com / 01738 342002.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.