Business Development Manager - DCDA & BEI
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible UK & Ireland | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will, however need your base 'home' location to be one of our SSE offices or depots around the UK and Ireland.
Salary: £44,100- £66,100 + Performance-Related Bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The SSE Distributed Energy (DE) Digital Services team is currently expanding our portfolio of services and solutions within the Energy Optimisation space. We have recently launched our Half Hourly Data Collection and Aggregation service after successfully achieving accreditation from Elexon and we are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to develop customer relationships and secure new business.
We are targeting rapid growth in the Wholesale market with the transition into Market Wide Half Hourly Settlement following P272 and the installation of smart meters into smaller businesses, meaning the whole electricity market could be settled every half hour.
The Project Development Manager will be a key role employed to drive forwards our business relationships within the electricity market; covering multiple targets including primarily brokers, large consumers and electricity suppliers.
Monitoring the market to identify emerging technologies and solutions which SSE can exploit
- Identify and scope new opportunities for our Half Hourly Data Collection, Aggregation Business and Business Platform.
- Develop and manage a wide client base (specifically brokers, large companies, electricity suppliers etc) and other key stakeholders (such as consultants, policy makers and development managers).
- Direct responsibility for ensuring propositions/bids successfully transition from initial bid to contract signature stage – holding an annual sales and pipeline target.
- Manage the outputs of supporting roles to provide high quality bids and approved negotiating positions.
What do I need?
- Highly connected - build and manage diverse relationships with stakeholders further advancing SSE's agenda with a focus on local government, local authorities, universities, large infrastructure owners.
- Sound judgement - with the ability to interpret, analyse and disseminate complex, sensitive information.
- Proposition development – experience of solution / consultative selling and building bespoke value propositions across a complex range of technology and solutions.
- Experience communicating complicated projects internally to gain approval through governance processes.
- Experience of building sales strategies and client engagement plans to maximise value and deliver against targets set.
About our Business
SSE Enterprise Utilities is the Distributed Energy (DE) and Private Networks business of SSE plc. We finance, own, operate and maintain energy infrastructure for commercial, industrial and residential customers - providing them with a market leading project development service and certainty of operational performance and asset management.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Tristan.Holdsworth@sse.com or 01738 344073
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.