Senior Contract Manager
Location: Hampshire, Hampshire, Hampshire, Hampshire, Hampshire, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Portsmouth, Reading, Swindon, Wiltshire, Wiltshire
Job Type: Full time
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £20.5 billion in low carbon projects to 2027, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Reading / Wiltshire / Hampshire
Salary: £53,100 - £79,700 + car / car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Contract Manager (Senior Quantity Surveyor) to join our Procurement and Commercial (P&C) team working within our Distribution business.
Reporting to the Procurement & Commercial Manager, you will be providing end to end P&C support for the delivery of numerous £multi-million, major projects relating to overhead lines, substations and underground cables across multiple sites in the south of England. This role provides an excellent opportunity for long term career development.
The main responsibilities in this role will be:
- To manage the tender process for capital projects from issue of invitation to tender through to contract award and subsequent commercial management of the delivery phase. This will include management of commercial staff .
- Managing the procurement of essential work scopes, procuring at lowest cost of ownership and in accordance with the principle of efficiency and best value. This includes covering all commercial, business and legal project risks in contracts and negotiating terms and conditions within own area of responsibility to ensure ongoing value for money throughout the lifetime of the contract.
- Development of the Procurement and Commercial strategies in line with the Capital Projects Governance requirements.
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures, promote safety and safe working practices both internally and externally to improve safety performance.
- Support the Head of Procurement and Commercial and the Procurement and Commercial Manager in providing a world class procurement and commercial service.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or equivalent qualification and have or be working towards professional membership of a relevant professional body such as RICS or CICES.
- Knowledge and understanding of the requirements of the Utilities Contract Regulations 2016.
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial governance arrangements for the development and execution of large capital projects together with commercial, contract or cost experience in delivering projects.
- Experience of estimating, sourcing management, cost & budget management and contract administration.
- Experience of drafting and interpreting commercial contracts together with knowledge of Standard Form construction contracts and bespoke contract arrangements. Experience of working with NEC Contracts.
About our Business
At SSE, we own more than 500 property assets and several thousand land assets, which are located across the length and breadth of the UK and Ireland. Our Procurement & Commercial, Property and Facilities Management teams are responsible for helping the business to procure services and materials in a timely and cost-effective way, and for ensuring SSE offers a safe, modern, fit-for-purpose property portfolio. We work right across the SSE Group, ensuring our businesses gets the best possible service and value from our supplier network, as well as ensuring all service providers are compliant and continue to meet contractual obligations and business need.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Francesca on firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 344763.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.