Senior Planning Engineer
Location: Aberdeen City, Highland Council, Perth and Kinross, Renfrewshire
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
Base Location: Perth, Glasgow, Aberdeen or Inverness
Salary: c£55,000 + car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role
Due to the continuing growth of our business and increase in the size of our portfolio, SSEN Transmission has a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Planning Engineer to join our ever-growing team. Hybrid working with a split between home and office is available for this role to support your work/life balance.
Brief description of the role:-
- Lead a team of Planning Engineers and undertake the planning of a portfolio of projects within Transmission which includes both producing and managing programmes.
- Implement technical expertise across the full project lifecycle where you will integrate your understanding of emerging industry methodologies to successfully manage the cross-discipline relationships within the project services functions.
- Create, implement and execute top down approach in respect of the strategic plans and schedules that support the project work processes, milestones and deadlines. Practical field experience with planning and scheduling knowledge to identify challenges to the project schedule and suggested mitigations where required.
- Liaise with project teams, contractors, site management and commercial teams throughout the project lifecycle to effectively report on project progress, risks and contingency plans.
- Leadership, mentoring and management of the planning team. Implementation and monitoring earned value systems that accurately measure progress and performance. Provide reporting and feedback to project and business on project status / progress.
What do I need
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience of leading a planning team.
- Experience of planning on large scale, complex projects throughout the project lifecycle and ideally trained in NEC3 contract management with focus on planning requirements highly desirable.
- Prior experience of planning or implementing and effectively using company standard planning and scheduling systems i.e. Primavera P6.
- Demonstrable ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- A can-do attitude focused on contributing to a positive working environment
The successful candidate would be expected to travel between different SSE offices/project sites, with the occasional overnight stay. Therefore, a driving licence is required.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Stephanie on Stephanie.firstname.lastname@example.org or 01738 342963.
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
INTERNAL: As a courtesy, please let your current line manager know you are applying.