Contract Manager (Commercial Performance)
Location: Highland Council, Perth and Kinross, Renfrewshire
Job Type: Full time
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £20.5 billion in low carbon projects to 2027, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Glasgow/Perth/Inverness - however the role may require travel to project locations as and when required.
Salary: £45,400- £58,200+ car /car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Contract Manager to join our Commercial Performance team supporting the Procurement and Commercial activities for the Networks Transmission business.
SSEN Transmission are developing a number of bespoke projects including those relating to future Island and Offshore Connections.
As the Contract Manager you will be expected to work with Project Managers, Contract Managers, the Supply Chain and other stakeholders to source, process, validate and produce high quality cost and asset data for use in project benchmarking, production of cost metrics and use in future project estimating.
As a result of increased project expenditure within the growing portfolio of projects you will be expected to have a lead role in the development of cost and volume reporting and data capture format including support with any new digital cost / data analysis / estimating solutions.
The role requires significant Cost and Asset Volume analytical capabilities to ensure all projects are reported on a consistent basis and can be evaluated for use in project benchmarking, production of cost metrics and pricing future projects.
The role requires the maintenance of rule sets required for data collation, pricing and capture to allow the future development of pricing approaches both top down and bottom up. Maximising captured costs to ensure that future needs can be foreseen and fulfilled.
What do I need?
We are looking for an experienced Contract Manager who will focus on providing the necessary cost management guidance and skills across the project portfolio.
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- You will be able to combine strong commercial and technical acumen with well-developed interpersonal, problem-solving, communication and negotiation skills with demonstrable experience in cost and asset data collection and analysis.
- Provide cost and asset volume benchmarking reports, the production of cost metrics for analysing the performance of projects and portfolios and present reports and findings to key stakeholders. You will support the development of future estimating rates through the detailed analysis of live supply chain data and tender returns.
- Highly numerate with an ability to interpret complex information, including technical drawings and scope documents, and present the information logically.
- Experience in estimating, cost and budget management, procurement related activities, contract administration and payment and expenditure management. It would be ideal if this experience had been gained in a comparable, industry however this is not essential.
- Solid experience of cost data collection / analysis or engineering and technical asset data collection / analysis and management on technically complex high value projects or across a portfolio.
- You will be expected to have experience of communicating with stakeholders from other disciplines and demonstrate collaborative working for common goals. You will also support the delivery of departmental KPIs and objectives such as savings in total cost of ownership, value engineering and safety performance.
About our Business
At SSE, we own more than 500 property assets and several thousand land assets, which are located across the length and breadth of the UK and Ireland. Our Procurement & Commercial, Property and Facilities Management teams are responsible for helping the business to procure services and materials in a timely and cost-effective way, and for ensuring SSE offers a safe, modern, fit-for-purpose property portfolio. We work right across the SSE Group, ensuring our businesses gets the best possible service and value from our supplier network, as well as ensuring all service providers are compliant and continue to meet contractual obligations and business need.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 344763.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.