Legal Administrative Assistant
Job Type: Full time
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £20.5 billion in low carbon projects to 2027, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
Base Location: Glasgow
Salary: from £26,200 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
Reporting to our Director of Legal, you will provide administrative support and coordination to the legal team. This is a great opportunity for you to be part of an in-house legal team supporting a forward-looking business at the forefront of the drive to net zero. You will work closely with solicitors and paralegals and colleagues across the business to help the team achieve its goals and objectives. Striving to provide high quality and pragmatic support, you'll enable the team to deliver for the Distribution business and contribute to the delivery of the Distribution strategic objectives. Key responsibilities include:
- Creation and maintenance of digital documents, the management of Sharepoint and Teams sites.
- Helping to develop training materials and aid the team with document management assistance and output reporting.
- Providing assistance to the senior legal team in managing papers and documents for submissions, disputes, investigations and reviews.
- Helping the team in developing and maintaining style documentation, templates, handbooks and guides.
- Support to evolve our offering to provide optimum value to the business by managing its key legal and commercial risks and opportunities.
What do I need?
Some experience of working in a legal function may be advantageous but is not a requirement. You'll be enthusiastic and self-motivated but also happy to work as part of a wider team and with colleagues across the business. You'll be confident in communicating ideas and offering innovative and efficient solutions and have excellent organisation skills. You'll be comfortable operating in a professional and flexible manner with team members and stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have the following:
- A can-do attitude, with a willingness to get involved and use your initiative to help the team deliver an organised, digital, and customer friendly service.
- Experience in an administrative or project co-ordination function.
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail, with the ability to work autonomously.
- Excellent communication and time management skills, and readiness to adapt to changing priorities.
- You must be computer literate with an excellent working knowledge of Office 365 and a willingness to develop your knowledge in this area to effectively utilise digital tools, such as Sharepoint, to help the team manage its workload.
About our Business
Our in-house SSE Legal function operates across the SSE Group to ensure business actions and behaviours are aligned to business priorities, are legally sound, and reinforce a culture of integrity, quality, responsibility and ethical behaviour. We identify and rationalise legal risk, providing advice on both regulatory and statutory obligations, all whilst helping the business to achieve their strategic goals.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Louise on email@example.com / 01738 351671.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.