Location: Cardiff, Perth and Kinross, Reading
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
Base Location: Reading, Cardiff or Perth
Salary: £45,400 - £68,200 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
As the Product Manager you will be the outcome owner, focused on ensuring that the product delivers customer value. You will be accountable for the product strategy, the full lifecycle, including design, delivery, and operations. A key role bringing the business and technology together to deliver great outcomes and value, you will manage your stakeholders, ensuring clarity on customer needs and effectively ensure continuous value from agile teams. As part of your role you will:
- Develop new product or service propositions based on market research and customer needs, collaborating with the business to develop and launch these products or services.
- Identify market opportunities and gaps further conducting competitive analysis to ensure differentiation, spinning up lean business cases for change.
- Oversee the product lifecycle, continually adapting and improving existing processes and propositions.
- Build a strategic product roadmap that reflects customers needs, adapting and improving based on stakeholder engagement and feedback.
- Promote and lead a culture of innovation and experimentation, with the freedom to iterate and develop ideas.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Demonstratable experience of managing web products and services.
- A good understanding of tech products, services and systems and there capabilities.
- Experience in shaping business cases and delivering real benefits to an organisation, with the ability to adapt to optimise product delivery.
- Understanding and experience of working within an Agile environment.
- Experience in product strategy and an understanding of the business-to-business market.
About our Business
The race to net zero is intensifying for businesses of all sizes. Sustainable decisions made today can meet customers' changing needs for tomorrow and bring long-term success for businesses. Part of SSE plc, the UK and Ireland's largest renewable electricity generator, SSE Energy Solutions is different as all its renewable electricity is sourced from SSE's own UK wind and hydro assets.
In addition to providing gas and electricity to businesses across the UK, SSE Energy Solutions invests in, builds and connects localised flexible infrastructure to drive the long-term performance of energy assets. SSE Energy Solutions works with its customers to deliver financially robust plans to bring flexibility and diversity to their energy infrastructure - the low-carbon solutions they need to succeed in the race to net zero.
What’s in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement (including public holidays), enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE’ to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Lynsey on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01738 340426.
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
INTERNAL: As a courtesy, please let your current line manager know you are applying.