Project Development Manager
Location: County Dublin
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible Ireland | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will, however need your base 'home' location to be one of our SSE offices or depots around the UK and Ireland.
Salary: Competitive + car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The SSE EV team is currently expanding our portfolio of services and solutions in the Electric Vehicle space. We’re targeting rapid growth in this part of the business and beginning a transformation process, focusing on infrastructure solutions in the Fleet, Taxi and General EV Community Charge Hub space.
What is the Role?
- You will be responsible for shaping propositions and to help secure the lease or possibly purchase of land to build EV Hubs upon with public and private sector organisations across the Island of Ireland.
- You will also be responsible for producing concept or outline Hub layout designs for such land parcels. The role will involve bringing together areas of different expertise and working with internal stakeholders, experts, and external partners to ensure the proposition is developed in line with our investment needs and our strategy.
- The role will see you develop a wide and close network of landlord and other stakeholder relationships to ensure awareness and influence on market and to continuously adapt propositions to suit both. You’ll be the main driving interface through the proposition/bid phase leading contract negotiations into agreement.
- You will be responsible for achieving internal approvals in line with SSE and business governance processes and deliver a target of completed contracts per year.
What do I need?
- A thorough understanding of how EV Hubs are built and operate combined with knowledge of the key EV suppliers and potential partners in the market and a range of commercial structures as they apply to distributed energy.
- We are looking for an individual who can build and manage diverse relationships, develop enduring relationships with key stakeholders to enhance our EV Team budget and 5-year strategy. Ideally the right candidate will have prior Fleet relationships, understand the Fleet market, grow SSE market share, and fully understand fleet operator charging profiles.
- Prior experience and involvement in leading, managing and delivering EV projects and teams across a range of disciplines and demonstrable experience in bringing together and managing a large and potentially complex proposition.
- Ideally you will have experience of building and scoping EV Charge Points and associated infrastructure with resource planning knowledge across a complex project to fully understand potential cost of project.
- Demonstrating the ability and experience in negotiation and closing off commercial agreements is also key to role. Understanding the importance and nuances of NDA’s/Confidentiality, Exclusivity, Option, Lease and Installation Contracts is essential.
About our Business
https://www.sseenergysolutions.co.uk/ is the Distributed Energy (DE) and Private Networks business of SSE plc. We finance, own, operate and maintain energy infrastructure for commercial, industrial and residential customers - providing them with a market leading project development service and certainty of operational performance and asset management.
Life at SSE
If you’re considering a career with us, you’re probably wondering what’s in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we’re proud of our benefits package which includes 35 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.:
At SSE we’re proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra ‘if it’s not safe, we don’t do it’.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
Read more about our inclusion and diversity commitments here.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
To discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
I'll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you’ll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
#LI-Hybrid OR #LI-Onsite