Finance Business Partner
Utility Warehouse Limited
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
This role is available for Hybrid working
Hello, we're UW
We’re a bunch of great people working together, solving problems and having fun. Together, we strive to find solutions to help the great people around us get on with the things that really matter in life.
How? It’s simple, we take the headache out of essential home services by providing them all in one place – energy, broadband, mobile, and even insurance. That’s one provider, one account, one bill, and lots of savings.
We’re a truly unique FTSE 250 company with a business model that has real social impact at the heart of it. Being a part of the UW community you’ll join a working environment like no other - one where everyone matters - be it our customers, our partners or you, our people.
About the role
The Finance team brings balance to UW. They make sure our ambitious goals are underpinned by a solid financial strategy so that we can keep on innovating and growing in a way that’s sustainable.
We’re looking for a commercially-minded Finance professional to be a business partner with the Telco Operational team and leadership team. This team supports the growth and development of our Telco services for customers (Broadband and Mobile).
We’re at a critical stage in our organisational development as we look to continue our growth but ensure the organisation is optimising for scale. Supporting our teams with financial rigour, planning and analysis is a key to unlocking this.
This is a permanent role. The role will be based from one of our London offices. We work in a hybrid style with a minimum 2 days in the office per week. We’ve scoped the role as full time, but we’re really open to a conversation about flexible working patterns.
What you’ll do
- Act as a key business partner to the Telco leadership team, building a strong rapport to collaborate effectively in delivering the business unit strategy
- Understand business performance, the business model and key priorities
- Lead, manage and develop accurate and timely periodic management reporting in relation to the Telco business and administrative cost lines
- Support and provide relevant challenge to the Central Finance Planning team regarding sales and margins forecasts/budgets for the Telco business
- Play a central part in supporting the development of operational strategy for the Telco business unit
- Set direction and manage risk and opportunities with the finance team and the wider business
- Support and guide operational teams with projects, queries and concerns relating to finance and budget planning.
- Qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) with a minimum +2 years PQE
- Experience in working in a high growth and fast paced consumer led business
- Solid business partnering experience supporting operational teams
- Experience in working with senior operational leaders
- Great communication skills - you can advise on and present complex financial information in a simple, understandable and compelling way
- Data-driven decision maker. You’ll seek out insight through deep data analysis whilst being able to tell stories using data as a starting point
- Warm and empathetic communicator who enjoys building rapport and trust with stakeholders and colleagues
- Positive attitude and a to deliver continuous improvements in processes
- Proven financial modelling, analytical and presentations skills are essential
- Hands-on approach with a readiness to be flexible
It would be great if you had the following (but not essential!)
- Netsuite and advanced excel exposure
- Telecommunications industry experience
Please note, this role will be subject to a basic DBS check
What’s in it for you
Join a high growth FTSE 250 business with the ambition to introduce 1 million additional customers to our offering. Help us achieve our ambitions whilst learning and having fun. Become part of a fantastic business culture where people really are at the heart of everything we do.
- Huge opportunities for exposure & development as we scale up
- Competitive, benchmarked salary
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Life Insurance up to 4 x your salary
- Private pension scheme
- Share Options and Save As You Earn Scheme
- Discounted UW services (30% mobile & broadband, 10% energy & insurance)
- A UW cashback card - earning you cashback on all your spending!
- Discounted healthcare & medical cash plans
- A free virtual GP service
- A range of Health & Wellbeing benefits including a confidential Employee Assistance Programme, virtual fitness classes and wellness tools
- Access to Spark – a holistic approach to learning and development created by UW to empower our people's personal and professional growth
Our Recruitment Process, what can you expect?
- Stage 1: Recruiter Screening (15- 20 minutes- )
- Stage 2: Test + Video Interview (1 hour with Senior Financial Controller & a Senior Finance BP)
- Stage 3: Video interview (45mins with Head of Finance & CFO)
- Stage 4: In person coffee chat (45 mins with Head of Telco)
If you think this is the role for you and want to be part of UW’s extraordinary growth, apply now.
We provide equal opportunities, a diverse and inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone. You are welcome to apply no matter your age, disability, gender, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
Please note, if you are applying for a role which involves having access to personal data, you will be subject to a background check. Where checks are unsatisfactory or incomplete and/or a failure to reveal information relating to convictions that you are required to identify as part of the background checks, could lead to withdrawal of an offer of employment.