Job Type: Full time
Vaultex are the UK’s leading cash processing company, with sites nationwide. At Vaultex, equality is a core. We believe that businesses can be powerful platforms for social change and that our purpose is to drive Equality for all. Creating a culture of Equality isn’t just the right thing to do, it’s also the smart thing. Diverse companies are more innovative and better positioned to succeed. We strive to create workplaces that reflect the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. With the help of our entire stakeholders— our employees, customers, partners, and community — we can achieve equality for all.
*** Monday to Friday 8.30 - 16.30 ***
£27,835.00 per annum 35 hours per week
The Financial Control team is a key part of the Finance function. The role will be primarily responsible for the day to day management of banking duties, accounts receivable and month end accounts preparation along with providing support to the Financial Control Manager. Specifically:
- Day to day management of Accounts Receivable
- Completion of daily cash flow workings, weekly cashbook journals and bank reconciliation at month-end.
- Finance support and review of cost centres for monthly financial reporting
- Reconciliations of various key balance sheet control accounts
- Assisting the wider Finance Team with any other adhoc tasks as required by the business
- Reconciliation of Core Bank Accounts - Downloading of Bank Statements
- Reviewing and updating the cash flow on a daily basis
- Posting of entries into Great Plains accounting software on weekly basis
- Weekly Bank Reconciliations
- Monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliation
- Ad-hoc payments through Barclays Internet Banking/completion of cheques etc.
- Accounts Receivable - Raising of invoices
- Preparation of fortnightly debt report including following up outstanding payments
- Matching of cash receipts to invoice
- Completion of month end balance sheet reconciliations
- Monitoring of specific billing schedules and subsequent follow up
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations - Ensuring assigned balance sheet reconciliations are submitted by the month end deadline and verified against month end
- Preparing selection of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Month end - Complete regular month end journals consistent with the position
- Review of a number of costs centres
- To undertake any duties consistent with the position
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Needed for the Job
- Good analytical skills
- Proficient in the use of Excel
- Finance Qualification (AAT/CIMA/ACA) or looking to work towards (Vaultex would support)
- Effective communicator (both verbal and written)
- Effective time management skills and ability to prioritise workload.
- Knowledge of Great Plains (GP) financial software is ideal but not essential.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as unsupervised
- Previous experience in a financial capacity is ideal but not essential
We are a living wage employer with Investors in People Platinum status, and as such we have a great range of benefits which you can find here Vaultex - About Us & Benefits
A generous company pension – auto-enrolled 4% employee 10% employer
Living Wage employer offering competitive salary plus benefits
Competitive holiday allowance with an option to purchase additional holidays
Group life assurance
Annual performance related bonus
VaulteXtra discounts on retailers, cycle to work, childcare vouchers, Gym membership, cash back on purchase, eye tests and many more.
Employee Assistance Programme – a free service should our employees require professional and impartial advice for legal advice and counselling.
Robust Learning and Development team and opportunities for career progression.
Vaultex UK Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all members of the community. If you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process please let us know. Please note that due to the secure nature of our business all successful candidates will need to provide a five year traceable work history (satisfactory employment references or evidence to explain employment gaps), and complete a criminal record and credit background check. Please note – we receive a high volume of applications therefore it may not be possible to respond to all candidates. If you have been successful for the next stage and your skills match the role, we will contact you. We look forward to hearing from you!