While companies like Tesla and LinkedIn may have turned their backs on the traditional resume, they’re still a vital part of the hiring process for most employers. So how can you write the perfect resume? Here are ten writing tools to help you do just that.
10 Resume writing tools
1. Canva: This app offers resume templates that are incredibly helpful when you’re starting out. Pick a template, fill in the information required, and you’ll be creating a professional resume in no time.
2. Zety: With this tool you will have access to a cover letter builder, modern and professional templates and a resume check (will give you suggestions on how to improve your resume). Fast and easy to use, you will have a winning resume in no time!
3. Resume Genius: Create your professional resume in just 15 minutes! Quick and easy to use and you even get a free critique from a resume expert.
4. Resume.com: An intuitive free resume builder tailored to your job. The templates created on this tool are created based on data from what employers want to see in their candidates, and have been created with hiring in mind.
5. Grammarly: Don’t get caught with spelling mistakes in your resume. Grammarly is a great tool to use to ensure this doesn’t happen and it’s free!
6. Resumention: If you’re really unsure as to how to start, try talking to these writers. They’re certified professionals, and know just what makes a resume tick. They’ll take your details and assemble a winning resume just for you.
7. Find My Profession: Looking for professional resume writers in the United States? Find my profession have resume writers with experience in over 85 different career types and will match you with a writer based on relevant experience.
8. Lia Help: Everyone needs a resume, but not everyone is a polished writer. If you struggle with creating engaging prose, you can call on this writing service. Lia Help’s writers know what Australian recruiters look for in your resume. Simply tell them to “write my resume for me” and they’ll do the work for you.
9. CV Service: Offers a professional CV service in the UK. Never been shown how to write a CV? Then you can turn to these writers for help. They’re expert writers, and know how to arrange information to show it in the best possible light. All you have to do is send them your info and they’ll create the perfect CV for you.
10. Hemingway Editor: This writing tool highlights sentences that are unnecessarily long, or if you’re using complicated language. It will help you write with power and clarity.
Before you send out your perfectly written resume, remember that it’s up to the employer to impress too…
You can find a workplace that works for you by using WORK180’s transparent job board. From parental leave to their flexible work policies, we ask employers the hard questions for you. To explore current opportunities with our Endorsed Employers for All Women, head to the WORK180 job board.