Samantha Reynolds has over 20 years’ experience in engineering and product management leadership roles for start ups, as well as global companies such as Microsoft, Amazon, DHL and Honeywell. She is a chocolatier, a cancer survivor, and a single mum to two sons.
She shares the importance of sabbaticals and her year as a chocolatier, digital detoxes even when you work in tech and the terrifying idea of declaring email bankruptcy. She talks about why a mentor is crucial for success and how to be a good mentee. As a working mother she knows taking care of yourself is a foundation for taking care of others and shares her working-mum hacks to inspire you!
In this episode we talk about:
- The inspiring story of Samantha’s own mother’s mature-aged career progression and their gentle rivalry as they studied at the same time.
- How to deal with harassment at university and events like hackathons
- Finding allies and standing up to harassment
- How to best set yourself up for success when you find a mentor
- Why Samantha loves being a mentor so much herself
- One of her firm rules as a leader that helped her manage her staff
- The value of taking a sabbatical and Samantha’s experience becoming a chocolatier
- Digital detoxes and declaring email bankruptcy
- Burnout, and taking care of yourself as a foundation for taking care of others
- Samantha’s working Mum hacks
Love this Podcast so much that you can’t wait to listen to another? Check out Episode Three: Bravery, resilience and single motherhood