The Stamina – Women returning to work program is designed to support women wanting to return to work within a STEM industry. This is a free program, available for 30 females. Candidates must have previously worked in STEM and be looking to return to employment within a STEM industry in Australia. The program will help develop networks across Universities, Research Centers, Industry and Government with the aim to expand and enhance the current talent pool and effect cultural change through the return of women into STEM industries.
“Based in Melbourne, this dynamic and free 8 month program consists of workshops and networking opportunities designed to empower women at different career stages with the skills, networks and mindset to develop and achieve their career goals within STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) industries.”
The new 2018 inspiring women STEM sidebyside program is an initiative to support women in the STEM industries that is led by Veski and Monash University with the support of the British Consulate General Melbourne.
Applicants and Evaluation
Applications to join the Stamina: Women returning to work stream are sought from mid-career women who are looking to return to the workforce in Australia within academia, industry or government STEM sectors after experiencing a career break. T
he program is open to women in the fields of science and innovative technology, primarily in the areas of:
To be eligible to apply applicants must, at the time of application be;
– currently not working but wishing to return to employment within a STEM industry, or
– working in a non-STEM industry but wishing to return to employment within a STEM industry, and
– have Australian citizenship or permanent residency;
and – have at least 7 years of Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) post-primary degree experience in STEM sectors.
Complete a full application demonstrating/ detailing:
– why you wish to join the Stamina
– Women returning to work stream of the STEM sidebyside program;
– how you will use the skills, experience and networks that you have garnered moving forward; and
– your significant achievements & their impact in your STEM field, noting outcomes relative to opportunities.
– Provide a current curriculum vitae or LinkedIn URL demonstrating the nature of your achievements, to include the duration and FTE of each role held post
-primary degree in STEM sectors; and
– provide proof of Australian citizenship or permanent residency.
If applicable, Managers at your employer should be made aware of your interest to participate in the STEM sidebyside program. Successful applicants will be required to attend all program event activities to be scheduled throughout the year.
If you have any enquiries, please contact: Veski fellowships coordinator
Tel: +61 (0)3 9635 5700
Applicants must lodge their applications via the Veski website: https://www.veski.org.au/inspiring-women/Stamina
Application deadline extended – please submit your application no later than 2.00pm (AEST) Thursday, 26 April 2018.
About STEM sidebyside
The STEM sidebyside program launched on 22 March, with program activities to be delivered between May and October 2018. The program will include events, workshops and networking opportunities offering personal and professional development to STEM women at three differing career stages;
– Empowering You: University students
– Leading the Way: Mid-career emerging leaders
– Stamina: Women returning to work.
WORK180 (previously DCC Jobs) is a jobs board with a difference. We pre-screen employers on paid parental leave, pay equity, flexible working arrangements and much more. This information is not publicly listed elsewhere and is an essential tool in your job search when assessing employers. Set up your job alert with one click now.