*2017 has been a huge year for DCC* Endorsed Employers for Women, who worked hard to shift the dial on gender equality.
As we step into 2018 we’d like to highlight just a few of the amazing achievements by DCC’s* employers:
- QinetiQ Australia initially failing DCC’s* criteria and then qualifying in six months by increasing paid parental leave for primary carers from four weeks to 16, introducing three weeks’ paid parental leave for secondary carers and creating a flexible workplace. Their story drew a lot of attention and their journey was featured by Engineers Australia.
- Colin Biggers & Paisley, John Holland, Laing O’Rourke and QinetiQ all becoming Equal Pay Ambassadors- a program administered by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) You can read the full story about Laing O’Rourke here.
- AGL Energy increasing paid parental leave from 14 to 20 weeks for primary carers
- Zendesk providing 16 weeks’ paid parental leave for both primary and secondary carers
- Common Code (under 30 staff) providing 8 weeks paid parental leave for both primary and secondary carers
- Bank of Queensland increasing women in leadership from 27% to 32% in five months
- Microsoft, QinetiQ, City of Melbourne and Schneider Electric removing minimum tenure required for staff to be eligible for paid parental leave
- BHP, Thales, CommBank, NAB, BOQ, MYOB, City of Melbourne, Aurecon, Cbus, Holcim, Avanade Australia, AustralianSuper and Schneider Electric paying superannuation on the unpaid portion of the parental leave
- Schneider Electric’s entire Exec team signing up to become Flexible Working Ambassadors
- Xero introducing part-time software developer roles
- DCC* Endorsed Employers embracing DCC’s* new ‘open to job sharing’ option when posting job roles!
We know 2018 is only going to be bigger and couldn’t be more excited!
Happy New Year everyone!!
Gemma, Valeria and the DCC* Jobs team
*This article references Diversity City Careers or DCC. This is what WORK180 was known as when we first launched back in 2015. You can find out more about our story here.