Software Engineer II (Junior: 2-5 years exp)- Android Engineer- Chase UK
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Here at JPMorgan Chase & Co., we know that people want great value combined with an excellent experience, from a bank they can trust. So we launched a new digital bank called Chase – to revolutionise mobile banking by creating seamless digital journeys that our customers love. For us, that means keeping ourselves customer obsessed and always being open to trying new things. Above all, it's about working with people who are passionate about building the bank of the future.
Our team is at the heart of building this new venture, focused on developing offerings that put the customer at the center. We have created a new organization and we are looking for solution-oriented, commercially minded, customer-focused engineers, used to working in an agile environment who want to be a part of building something new from the ground up within a diverse and inclusive team.
Culture is as important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious, new technology passionate individuals who would like to expand their skills whilst working on a new exciting venture for the firm. Your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world.
Summary of role
As an Android engineer you will be leveraging the latest technologies to deliver cutting-edge solutions to our customers. Contributing to the Chase UK mobile app, you will help your team design, build and run features from inception through to production.
You will be working closely with our React Native engineers, helping to deliver a performant Android application across fully native flows and providing native capabilities to React Native.
Your technical skills should include:
- Commercial experience with Kotlin
- Attention to detail and a good understanding of design patterns
- Desire to improve the quality of your work and support others
- Strong knowledge of Android API, framework components and lifecycles
- Experience with supporting cross platform development, for example React Native
- Handling asynchronous code with Kotlin coroutines
- Write automated tests using Espresso and JUnit libraries
- Experience making apps accessible
- Participation in maintaining Jenkins pipelines
- Familiarity with iOS development, frameworks, and platform capabilities
Your soft skills should include:
- Ability to work in a dynamic, agile environment within a geographically distributed team
- Ability to focus on promptly addressing customer needs
- You're a team player, proactive in jumping in and solving problems, and you're highly collaborative in your ways of working.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, both inside and outside of the team from engineering peers to various stakeholders.