Product Development Lead, Fraud
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We are not your standard bank, we are an innovation hub. We are part of the team that launched Chase as a new UK bank in 2021, and are now starting on a new initiative with big ambitions. More details will be provided during the interview but for now we can enthusiastically say: It’s challenging, it’s high stakes, it’s fun!
Our team is at the heart of building this new venture. We have created a new organisation with diverse professionals that come from a wide set of skills, backgrounds and experiences, including top tech giants, blockchain innovators and FinTech unicorns.
Team members have autonomy to collaborate and work in a cross-functional way. We value your opinion in every matter. Our inclusive culture is hugely important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious, compassionate people who would like to expand their skills whilst working on a new exciting venture for the firm. We are about bringing new products to market that solve real-world problems for real-life customers, not just innovation for the sake of innovation. We are human first; we love working with each other, and we need personal connections and in-person bonding. We find we are happier, more motivated and more productive this way. If this sounds like something that you would like to be a part of we’d encourage you to read on and apply.
This is a role for a senior Fraud Product leader who wants to be part of flat-structure organisation and influence the design & development of a green-field initiative with a global remit.
The Fraud Product function leads the 1st line of defence for fraud risk, including ownership of the fraud strategy across all products and channels. The key aim is to ensure transaction monitoring and controls are optimised to reduce fraud risks whilst ensuring 1st class client experience. The role will focus on four key areas:
- You will work with the product and engineering squads to stand up and continuously enhance Fraud capabilities, covering configuring and developing capabilities and tooling, as well as defining the self-serve customer journeys that support a strong customer experience
- You will help setting up and work with Fraud Analytics function to implement rules and strategies in the fraud monitoring systems, building for multi-channel customer journeys
- You will work with the 2nd line risk teams to ensure models, rulesets and strategies are effective
- You will contribute to the best practice development and sharing JP Morgan Chase & Co.
- Build from the ground up the fraud detection technology stack across all of Fraud Product
- Build out of a fraud product organisation that will be capable of driving new products and capabilities to allow launch of new products to the market in a risk controlled manner
- Deliver of an end to end digital fraud decisioning strategy that optimises fraud detection and client experience utilising fraud scores and rules across a disparate set of vendors and fraud vectors
- Ensures data flows from internal and vendor systems support the strategy
- Monitor and optimise model performance by developing a strong working relationship with the specialist Risk Models team
- Expect future fraud risks that are driven by product or channel development and mitigate these risks through appropriate strategies
- Work across a wide group of teams (product teams, payments, engineering, technology, risk) to ensure that key partners are aware of all of the fraud
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues across the firm including: business, technology, product management, operations management, legal, compliance, risk, audit, and technology control functions to drive engagement with the fraud prevention program of work; gain credibility by understanding end to end impacts of the fraud strategies that are implemented
- Act as a digital fraud subject matter expert and share best practice across the firm
We’d like you to have deep experience in service design and development, both as a team lead and as an individual contributor. In particular:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required, ideally in a science, computing, engineering or mathematics based subject
- Experience in a first or second line fraud role, in a policy, strategy or analytics specialism
- Experience of delivering in an agile environment
- Experience of working with authentication strategy and authentication tools (behavioural biometrics / device intelligence)
- Experience in management / optimisation of fraud prevention tools, e.g. Sira / Hunter, ThreatMetrix, Falcon, Arcot, RSA, FeatureSpace ARIC, and behavioural biometrics vendors
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills. Solid critical thinking and analysis in technical scenarios, attention to detail and able to synthesise large amounts of data and formulate creative and innovative solutions to complex problems
- Ability to solve problems from first principles, taking innovative approaches to address user needs
- Experience of vendor management, including ability to evaluate a vendor product offering and experience of integration into current technology stack
- Ideally will have a background in banking or consumer products, clear interest in innovation and technology
We’d also like you to have a few key personal skills. Every organisation has its own culture, and we want you to be successful in ours.
- A desire to solve hard problems
- A desire to teach others and share knowledge. We aren’t looking for hero leaders, more for team players. We want you to coach other team members on fraud battling principles, practices and implementation patterns
- Clarity of thought. We operate quickly and efficiently, and we value people who are economical with their time and clear with their opinions
- Comfortable in uncharted waters. We are building something new. Things change quickly. We need you to learn technologies and patterns quickly
- Ability to see the long term. We don’t want you to sacrifice the future for the present. We want you to choose technologies and approaches based on the end goals
- Comfortable working within a geographically distributed team