Job Type: Full time
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
We are seeking someone who enjoys working in a close-knit team but large team and is a trusted specialist due to their technical knowledge. You will be passionate about using your experience and knowledge for professional excellence, leading the team in the development of solutions both in-team and for our wide range of clients. You would contribute to the growth of our people, our environment business across our ecology practice which comprises 140 ecologists. You will enjoy rising to a challenge, finding ways to add value for our customers, using and promoting innovative technology and above all, ensuring quality is maintained. Most importantly you will be helping us to build a lasting and sustainable environmental business.
This opportunity is not a one-way street as we will give you an exciting space in which to develop. You will be visible within our business, working with other ecology team leads across the UK and providing you with the opening for your reputation to grow, allowing you to influence peers both internally and across the sector.
We would like to discuss with you what role you would like to have within Mott MacDonald and set responsibilities once we know your key goals and aspirations. We have a lot of varied and interesting roles that will appeal to most ecologists. Dependent upon where you are based, you will report into a regional and area lead who co-ordinate with teams throughout the UK.
- Highly competent Ecologist with strong UK experience.
- A degree in Ecology (or directly related subject). An additional higher degree would be an advantage.
- Full member of CIEEM, ideally a Chartered Environmentalist/Ecologist.
- Strong knowledge of wildlife legislation including planning processes and/or EIA/HRA assessments and undertaking surveys.
- Excellent knowledge, understanding and experience of applying relevant guidance for surveys.
- Proficiency in report writing skills, displaying high standards with attention to detail and ability to write accurate and concise reports, including EcIAs and HRAs.
- Proficiency in undertaking quality assurance on a wide range of ecology reports, including EcIAs and HRAs.
- Experience in field surveys including Phase 1 habitat survey, UK Habitat assessment, BNG condition assessment and protected species surveys.
- Attention to detail and the ability to deliver contracts on time and to budget.
- Excellent communication skills including report writing, checking and approvals.
- Excellent business development skills with drive and ambition to grow these key areas.
- Experience of people management preferred.
- Experience in the UK ecological consultancy market, with a strong external-facing, client-orientated approach.
- Thorough understanding of UK nature conservation legislation.
- Willingness to mentor junior staff.
If you meet 80% or more of what we're looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn't know we need.
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.