Information Delivery Manager
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Lead the KICC Information Delivery Team to ensure that the Customer Information System, Southeastern Twitter feed, WhatsApp, internal messaging systems (Teams) and other digital channels are monitored and operated in line with agreed procedures and processes, including those related to Passenger Information During Disruption (PIDD)
Ensure effective customer information is provided to passengers by means of the Southeastern website, Customer Information System (CIS) equipment, Darwin, Social Media and any other information channels, particularly when there is disruption to the train service. Ensuring that all channels present information that is clear, consistent, correct & concise
Manage Southeastern’s presence on Social Media (Twitter / WhatsApp) and escalate any trending issues to the Head of Information Delivery or Communications / Marketing / Retail teams as necessary. Engage with senior internal stakeholders as necessary, but particularly during times of significant disruption
Monitor the timetable related data being presented to customers, identifying any issues and engaging with other departments (e.g. Train Planning) and seeing through to resolution
Lead on the real-time delivery of the provisions contained within the industry Customer Information “Pledges” for the management of customer information, particularly in major incidents (CSL2)
Engage with 3rd parties such as the National Rail Communication Centre (NRCC) and INRIX Media to ensure the information flow via these channels is effective, providing a single point of contact for them to raise issues relating to the provision of information
- Ensure that the Information Delivery Team Members are operating the CIS equipment correctly with speed, efficiency and accuracy, especially in times of service disruption and in line with defined processes
- Manage the provision of live travel information across the Southeastern website, app and other channels by publishing and updating disruption messages and updating other systems as required to ensure that information is Clear, Consistent, Correct and Concise and meets the minimum requirements of the Customer Information Pledges
- Implement the Southeastern social media strategy as directed by the Head of Information Delivery, ensuring timely updates are made via Twitter and other Social Media channels ensuring that members of the team are responding to passengers in a timely, professional, empathetic and polite manner at all times. Where customers are highlighting issues with Southeastern systems, policies and procedures, ensuring that they are raised with the appropriate team(s) within the business or external agencies as appropriate
- Ensure that all trains, particularly during disruption, are accounted for and information is being presented correctly via Darwin, especially when a new timetable is to be implemented – liaising with NRCC and other parties as appropriate to understand how the information is going to be uploaded
- Where disruption takes place in a location which affects other Train Operators in addition to Southeastern, monitor the respective websites to ensure that the overall passenger message is consistent – liaising with the relevant control(s) should any correction be necessary
The Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge of the relevant geography, including stations and track layouts and services operated by Southeastern.
- Good knowledge of generally available and bespoke IT systems.
- Good knowledge of relevant operating, rolling stock, engineering, train crew and station procedures
- Good general education with passes in English Language and Mathematics operated.
- An excellent command of English language and ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to create own inputs and influence at a number of levels within the KICC and wider business
- Excellent IT competency, ability to use a number of differing systems
- Commercial awareness- Understands the business requirements for advertising of train services and announcements
- Adding value- Exploits opportunities to improve results and add value to the business.
- Resilience- Remains calm and self-controlled under pressure. Reacts well to change and stays positive despite setbacks.
- Professionalism- Interacts with others in a sensitive and effective way. Respects and works well with others.
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 25 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern runs train services into London from Kent and East Sussex, operating almost 1,700 trains a day, carrying more than 400,000 passengers, serving 176 stations and covering 540 miles of track.
Just over 4,600 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are committed to being an inclusive employer, creating a workplace where everyone can come to work, feel safe and comfortable and able to do everything to the best of their ability. Read about some of the great Diversity and Inclusion initiatives our Head of Colleague Experience has been leading on here.
We recognise the positive value of diversity and it matters to us that our teams reflect the communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
We have also won the Top Employer award at the Women in Rail Awards 2022!
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation. We are unable to offer sponsorship to work in the UK.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
SOUTHEASTERN is owned by SE Trains Ltd, a subsidiary of the Department for Transport’s public sector owning group, ‘DOHL.’ DOHL has responsibility for three rail companies, LNER, Northern Trains Limited and SE Trains.
SE Trains Limited